BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,231 through 7,240 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: some questions and requests #350362
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    Like this:

    div#cn-metabox-metabox-links input[name$="title]"],
    div#cn-metabox-metabox-links label[for$="title]"] {
        display: none !important;
    }
    
    in reply to: Widget Child Categories Not Filtering Correctly #350360
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Beth

    re: I have sorted it out as I don’t believe anyone will be landing on the page with the shortcode without seeing it sorted by selection.

    Yeap, I thought the same thing when looking at your setup which is why I recommended this. Sorry, I didn’t go into one of my long detailed (rambling) explanations :)

    re: Thank you for your help! Love this plugin!

    No problem! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: CSS to change colour and weight of line #350359
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Diane

    Add the following to the Jetpack CSS editor:

    #cn-circled .cn-circled-thumb span.cn-image-style {
        border: 6px solid #FF0000 !important;
    }
    

    Tweak as desired. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Gridder List Multiple Phone Numbers #350358
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ indy1003

    re: Can you remind me how to add the address section back in?

    I believe this is the forum thread…

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/gridder-rows-and-contact-info/#post-339101

    in reply to: Nothing happens when I try to export CSV #350355
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nash

    Ok, that Uncaught TypeError error is the cause. Any script that tries to run after that error can not be run.

    Farbtastic is the old (legacy) color picker WordPress use to use once upon a time. Another plugin or the theme must be using it without making sure they limit its usage to there own admin pages, a best practice to that prevents theses types of conflicts.

    My suggestion… try deactivating all other plugins. Does the export work now? If it does not, then the theme is the cause. If it does work, then one of the plugins are the cause. Activate each plugin one at a time. After you activate a plugin, try to do an export. If you can, the plugin is not the cause. If you can not, then that plugin is causing the issue. Do this one at a time until you identify the bad plugin.

    Hope this helps, let me know.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    re: I am getting error: An error occurred while updating Connections CSV Import: Update package not available.

    The is because the support licenses for these have expired. There should be something that displays on the Plugins admin page indicating this, but there is not. I’ll have to look into that.

    You can renew them by going to the Connections : Settings admin page and clicking the Licenses tab. Click one of the renew links. You do not have to renew each of them individually… once on the shopping cart page, you can add the other items to be renewed.

    re: approving it does show it on the website, nor does it appear in lists in the admin area.

    I’ve logged in… can you give me an example of an entry that shows on the site’s frontend but not in the admin?

    in reply to: Pro-Pack install widget & template issues #350353
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebekah

    re: when I try to customize CMAP, I am taken to the customization menu and the connections customization option is there however, it dissapears after a few seconds and the entire menu is gone

    Can you try deactivating all other plugins please? Does the template Customizer work fine now?

    re: One of my authors could not login. When I tried it, it came up with “you do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”.

    There are plugins out there that ruin custom capabilities added by other plugins. Perhaps this is the issue. See this FAQ for a possible solution. It was written for the s2member plugin but the same issue could be caused by another plugin.

    in reply to: How to change "Work phone" text #350352
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amy

    No PHP edits needed. See this QuickTip on how to change text in Connections. And if you are using the Gridder template, you have this option explained in the template’s docs. I recommend the method outlined in the QuickTip.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: CSV report #350351
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    Hmmm… I am not able to duplicate this. Can I get a copy of the CSV file with the issue?

    in reply to: Error #350345
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    Hmmm… ok. Let’s start by deactivating all plugins except Connections. Does the error go away? If it does, activate plugins one at a time until the error happens again. The last plugin activated when the error comes back is where the conflict is (assuming there is a conflict). If you you deactivate all other plugins and you still have the error, then it might be a conflict with the theme? Has the theme had an update recently?

    Oh, I should have asked this first… you do have the latest version of Connections installed, correct? (version 8.5.1)

Viewing 10 posts - 7,231 through 7,240 (of 15,332 total)