BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,221 through 7,230 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: CSV report #350432
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    Excel is an excellent program I use to use it a lot… but still amazes me that it still after all these years it has trouble with basic CSV files :/

    Since I do not have much need for a spreadsheet app nowadays I use LibreOffice Calc since it is free… works great for CSV files and it gives you a lot of options with a preview before importing, so I recommend using it.

    I’ve also read the the Google Spreadsheet handles CSV files pretty well too.

    in reply to: Error #350431
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    ps. I made the same changes to me dev version should the change will be in all future releases on Connections so updating should be safe as far this is concerned.

    in reply to: Error #350430
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    I tracked down the source of the errors… clueless why it would cause the issue though because that code has not changed in ages and there was nothing wrong with it… but for whatever reason the new server and its config did not like the way a string was escaped when registering a couple of the settings. Stranger still is why the error would mention it encountered the string “color” which simply does not exist in the file that the error is mentioning.

    That said…

    I tweaked these two settings slightly and the errors went away. The tweaks should have no effect, but they do .

    Apologies for the trouble!

    in reply to: CSV report #350426
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    I’m looking at the CSV file and it seems fine. It is properly escaped and it seems to open fine with everything being in the correct columns. Perhaps the app that you are opening it in is not properly importing the CSV file. What app are you using?

    in reply to: Nothing happens when I try to export CSV #350377
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nash

    Thanks for the feedback! I’ll add this to my plugin conflict faqs.

    in reply to: Error #350376
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    If you can give me a temp admin login, I’ll take a closer look.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    re: I didn’t realise the licenses had expired, as there was no notification.

    There should have been an email in the beginning of April… perhaps it ended upon in a spam/junk folder. My email logs only go back a rolling 90 days so I can’t verify if one was sent or not. Sorry.

    re: Just the message “An error occurred while updating Connections CSV Import: Update package not available.”

    Yeah… I message should show right next to the update link… I’ll have to figure out why it is not.

    Apologies for the trouble!

    in reply to: responsiveness…. #350372
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kera

    re: my circles are showing up as 310px wide as an element style which makes it impossible to override ALL of them at once. and i don’t have a 310px setting ANYWHERE in my connections settings that i’ve been able to find yet.

    You sure you do not have this option set?

    re: WHERE do i make changes so the circle is a % instead of a fixed-width?

    Try adding the following to the theme’s custom CSS area. It should do the trick for relative sizing:

    #cn-circled .cn-circled-thumb {
        width: 30% !important;
        height: 30% !important;
    }
    #cn-circled .cn-circled-content {
        margin-left: 35% !important;
    }
    
    in reply to: how to hide specific categories from drop down? #350366
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vasileios

    I think you want to do this:

    [connections category='4' exclude_category='5,7,8']

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Customizing Templates #350364
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nicolas

    re: Is there any documentation available for templating?

    Not for the actual coding for templates… sorry. I keep all the documentation in-line with the code.

    The docs for the Slim Plus template is on this page.

    For the single entry profile page… here’s a suggestion…

    • Go to the Connections : Settings admin page, click the Display tab.
    • Enable the Single Entry Template Option.
    • Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Individual template type.
    • Activate the Default Entry Card template. Do the same for the Organization template type.
    • Now, click the Custom button for the DeFault Entry Card template.
    • When the template Customizer loads the preview, click one of the entry names. any name it does not matter which one.
    • The preview should load the just that entry but using the Default Entry Card Template.
    • Now you can use the Template Customizer to tweak the single profile view.
    • Save and Publish your changes.
    • Now when you click your “View Profile” button, the entry will be displayed with the – Default Entry Card template with the changes you applied with the Template Customizer.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,221 through 7,230 (of 15,332 total)