BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,171 through 7,180 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Organization Directory – Display contact name #351423
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Denis

    re: I need to see the contact name under the organization name on that page.

    The design of the template was intended to be used for individuals so it does not display the contact name. This can be added but you will have to edit the template’s php file in order to add it.

    You need to edit the card.php file found here:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/

    Add the following to line 46 and line after line 69, before the </div>:

    <?php $entry->getContactNameBlock( array( 'format' => $atts['contact_name_format'] , 'label' => $atts['str_contact'] ) ); ?>
    

    If you edit the template, I suggest you follow the guidance in this QuickTip.

    re: when categorized under Organization, the Title field is not there.

    Sorry, but only individuals can have a “Title”. Maybe use the the department field instead.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: 404 gives error in class.seo.php #351398
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    SnailsFromJupiter I do not think using get_queried_object_id() would be correct since the returned object is not necessarily a post. Curious, add this to the file and visit a know page and a 404 page. I’d be SnailsFromJupiter

    I do not think using get_queried_object_id() would not be correct since the returned object is not necessarily a post.

    Curious, add this to the file and visit a know page and a 404 page. I’d be interested to the the results:

    var_dump( $wp_query->post );
    var_dump( $post );
    

    I find this whole thing odd because the global $post object should not be set on a 404 anyway (I think) so the filter should bail right there and then. Stranger still the global $post comes from $wp_query->post

    https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/4.3.1/wp-includes/class-wp.php#L518

    Anyway, like I said, I’d like to see the output of the dumps. Also… do this in Chrome with the dev tools open. Watch the Network tab. Does a 301 redirect happen when you hit a 404?interested to the the results: var_dump( $wp_query->post ); var_dump( $post ); I find this whole thing odd because the global $post object should not be set on a 404 anyway (I think) so the filter should bail right there and then. Stranger still the global $post comes from $wp_query->post https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/4.3.1/wp-includes/class-wp.php#L518 Anyway, like I said, I’d like to see the output of the dumps. Also… do this in Chrome with the dev tools open. Watch the Network tab. Does a 301 redirect happen when you hit a 404?

    in reply to: CMap Category Dropdown #351255
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeffrey

    re: Customize menu briefly appears then disappears, even with all plugins deactivated.

    Do you have a Themify theme? If you do, this could explain it.

    re: is this the proper way to manually hide the Categories Dropdown

    Yep, see this.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: "Logo" Images in IE #351254
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kylie

    Thanks!

    in reply to: Connections Form #351253
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reed

    Ha, funny! I am sooo used to getting confirming emails I guess I completely missed that I can simply log in.

    That said…

    I did log in and see the issue. Something is very, very, wrong with the theme. Locking at the page source…

    The page should end with:

    </body>
    </html>

    But yours does not. It goes on to show the </article><!-- #post --> and then some HTML for the comments then just stops. This is very broken HTML. The browsers must simply stop rendering the page when they come to the </html> tag. However, that closing </article> is missing up in the body where it should be.

    Those issues aside, my previous reply where I mentioned the possibility of the missing wp_footer() template tag, I suspect this is the reason Form does not work correctly. This infact will break a lot of plugins.

    I suggest getting the theme fixed and ensure the wp_footer() template tag exists in the footer.php file (if the theme has one).

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: "Logo" Images in IE #351250
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kylie

    The theme is forcing IE to use IE7 emulation which is causing the images to break. Connections uses the modern HTML5 img srcset attributes to display images. This is not supported in IE7 emulation mode.

    To fix this you will need to edit the theme and remove this line:

    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

    My best guess is that this would be in the theme’s header.php file.

    There is no harm in removing this both IE6 and IE7 have less than a percent global browser share. Really anyone still using those browsers have much larger issues when browsing the web in general, as most sites wouldn’t display correctly nowadays.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Connections Form #351243
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reed

    I did not receive the login verification email so I can checkout the issue. Will that be coming soon?

    in reply to: CMap Category Dropdown #351240
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeffrey

    Good to hear that is resolved! I didn’t notice any new posts for the Template Customizer. Is that resolved too?

    in reply to: Image Issue #351239
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chad

    Great to hear your figured it out!

    in reply to: Warning: Newbie Questions #351237
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ concoa

    re: The page Connections generates does not appear to have any formatting.

    Actually, it does, it is just that it is not inline. The card.php file actually has very little inline styling left as most has been moved over the course of updates. The styling left out of the card-single.php is on purpose on is to allow the template to inherit most of its styling from the theme.

    re: I really love the potential of Connections, but is there any way for the program to use the registered wordpress or buddypress members and keep them synched?

    No, Connections is not intended to be a member directory even though a lot of users successfully us it that way. This separation was designed this way on purpose. Using the Link extension it is possible to let your WP users maintain an entry that is linked to them, but there is now way to automatically pull in WP/BuddyPress users.

    re: Do I have to input members in Connections separately from registered users?

    Yes, other users generally only use the WP/BuddyPress profile for logging into the site, nothing more.

    Hope that fully answers your questions.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,171 through 7,180 (of 15,332 total)