BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,181 through 7,190 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 404 gives error in class.seo.php #351228
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ SnailsFromJupiter

    If deactivating all the plugins does not resolve it, then it must be the theme. Did you try to temporarily switch back to the default WP theme?

    Which theme are you using? Is it freely available? If it is, I’ll download it and give it a look.

    I’m not sure a backtrace would be too useful. I would do a multi-file search (using Sublime Text) for $wp_query in the theme. Look for any instance where it might being set to null, unset or overwritten. Only core WP should set up this global var, I’ve come across other theme’s which overwrite this global, unset it and set it to null… likely following some of the older tutorials that exist on the web (it use to be the only way to reliable to multiple custom post loops).

    in reply to: Image Issue #351227
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chad

    I see the screenshots but the fix… impossible for me to say since this is not directly related to Connections. It does seem odd that it would only show a broken image on the profile as I would expect the image to show on both the directory and profile page since they are technically the exact same page, only the Connections content changes. My guess it has to somehow do with however you are adding these containers you mentioned. To give any suggestions you will need to share the links to the actual pages with the issue and a temp WordPress admin login so I can take a closer look.

    in reply to: Directory title showing on listing page #351226
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rob

    Ahhh… sorry about that, I guess hooking into the the_title hook like that would have that effect. The only other solution would to be to create a custom template page for the theme.

    in reply to: Multiple Images (besides logo) #351178
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rob

    The bio and note field support standard HTML image tags so any number of images can be added that way. Those fields also support shortcodes, so you could embed galleries into those fields with shortcode.

    Hope that answers your question.

    in reply to: Multiple directory entries #351177
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rob

    Sorry, but link enables a one-to-one relationship to user-to-entry. It is not possible to create a one-to-many relationship to allow a single user to create multiple entries.

    in reply to: One directory, multiple sites #351176
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Myles

    The only way this could be done is all the site are part of a single WordPress multisite install. This can not be done if all site are separate WordPress installations.

    in reply to: Format the "Add Directory Link"' #351141
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    I would be possible, yes, but it would be a little difficult to select because there is not a class or id that can be sued for the selector. That said, I just added an id attribute to the list actions and entry actions so they can be very easily target via CSS. I’m planning on releasing an update this Friday/weekend that will have this tweak.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Directory title showing on listing page #351122
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rob

    Since that is the page title being output by the theme… that is going to be fairly difficult to address. The best/only solution I can think of is this:

    Install the Code Snippets plugin.

    Add a new code snippet with the following code:

    add_filter( 'the_title', 'cn_single_entry_page_title', 10, 2 );
    
    function cn_single_entry_page_title( $title, $id = 0 ) {
      if ( get_query_var( 'cn-entry-slug' ) ) {
        $title = '';
      }
      return $title;
    }
    

    Save and activate the new code snippet.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: 404 gives error in class.seo.php #351121
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ SnailsFromJupiter

    Let me know what you find, I’ll document it as plugin/theme conflict if it applies.

    Let me know if my fix keeps Connections from throwing an error after you update. Thanks!

    in reply to: Connections Form #351119
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reed

    re: You mentioned the shortcode method was deprecated: what should I use instead?

    This is covered in the doc page, here.

    re: And you mentioned the cause of the above error would be the result of a Fatal javascript error. I followed your directions (Chrome, F12, Console) but I do not see the error.

    The next likely cause of the issue is that the theme does not include the wp_footer() template tag.

    If you can share a link to the page with the issue, I can take a look and offer a solution based on what I find. Without the link to the page, the best I can do is offer by best guesses.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,181 through 7,190 (of 15,332 total)