BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,141 through 7,150 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Search Results load twice #351798
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jon

    Looking at the page… I see the [connections] shortcode is on the page twice. You should only have that once. Removing the second instance of the shortcode will fix the duplication.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: cMap search #351797
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ crazycup

    The two most common issues seem to be a copy/paste error when adding the snippet and accidentally forgetting to actually activate the snippet. My suggestion is to make sure the code is copied pasted exactly as shown in the snippet and then make sure to click the save and activate button.

    If that still does not fix it, I can take a closer look, but I will need a temp WP admin login. The login can be posted here as a private reply.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Search function #351795
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ crazycup

    Please do not cross post… take me more time to sort out what going on. Thanks. I’ll post my reply in the other support thread.

    in reply to: Template Translation Not Showing #351794
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Don

    Hmmm… maybe there is a bug with the code that loads the translation files. Could you attach the PO file (rename the .po to .txt, I’ll make my own MO file) and I’ll take a look asap so I can give you a solution.

    in reply to: No Image Available started showing on profiles #351793
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephanie

    Apologies, when I setup the defaults for cMap 5.0 I made the default to show it. I should have made the default not to display it as it was in previous versions. The fix is easy though and can be done right now. Here’s how…

    Go to the Connections : Template admin page.

    Click the Customize button for the cMap template.

    The page will reload with the Template Customizer on the left and a preview on the right. By default the Template Customizer loads the Display panel. You need to navigate to the Bio Tray Image Panel. Do this by clicking the back arrow in the Template Customizer and click the Bio Tray Image.

    Select None from the Image type.

    Click an entry name in the preview on the right. The preview will reload displaying the individual profile page.

    Select None from the Image type.

    Click the Save and Publish button and exit the Template Customizer.

    Apologies for the trouble. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Organization Directory – Display contact name #351778
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Denis

    Add this to the card.php file on line 46:

    $entry->getOrgUnitBlock();

    Update the CSS to this:

    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-overlay .title,
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-name .title,
    #cn-gridder .cn-contact-block,
    #cn-gridder .org {
        display: block;
        font-size: 14px;
        font-weight: 400;
        line-height: 14px;
        text-transform: none;
    }
    
    in reply to: Address Data is Lost or Deleted #351775
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Darrin

    re: Is anyone else having this issue? I’m not sure how we could be using Connections and cMap all that differently from others.

    It’s very rare.. I really only ever see this issue when a user upgrades from a much older version of Connections where for some reason the update routines do not run. I’ve never been able to duplicate it, but is fixable.

    Another possible reason could be the user permissions required were not properly initialized which is why I suggested the Code Snippet plugin and the code snippet. As for the white screen of death (WSoD) and Code Snippets, you have to ask that plugin dev for support on that issue. I’ve never had any issue with it and it seems to be a very solid plugin based on reviews from other which is why I recommend using it.

    That said, one question, did you receive the WSoD using the plugin or after you added the snippet in the FAQ? If it occurred after adding the snippet from the FAQ, then there was a copy/paste error when you added the snippet.

    I can take a closer look at this for you but I will need a temp WP admin account and access to the web host control panel so I can take a look at the database using the phpMyAdmin.

    in reply to: Licensing question #351774
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Daniel

    Sounds like you should have a multiple site license, either 2-5 or unlimited. Right now I have only two of the bundles setup for multiple site license. If you need it for a specific item, let me know I can take the time to set it up. I do plan on having this setup for all items in the near term.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: How to include ALL categories in Category Dropdown? #351773
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeffrey

    I’ve read this a few times and if I am understanding correctly you created several WP pages and added the [connections] shortcode on each of these pages. Is that correct? And on each of these pages you used the category shortcode option. Is that correct?

    If both my assumptions are correct… Connections shortcodes has no knowledge of other instances of the shortcode and the options used to configure it. So, there is no way for it to know that when selecting a category that it should actually redirect the user to another page and display the selected category. Does that make sense?

    You could use the enable_category_by_root_parent cMap shortcode option (more here) to limit the display of the categories that should be displayed in the drop down so the user can only choose from the categories that the page was limited to with the category shortcode option.

    Another option which is a bit more complex, you could add a code snippet that will let Connections know if x-category was selected that it should redirect to y-page. I’ve written up a QuickTip which explains how to setup this up in detail.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: [urgent] Users cannot access edit screen #351772
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kera

    If I have not asked and if you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

Viewing 10 posts - 7,141 through 7,150 (of 15,332 total)