BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,121 through 7,130 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Search field in mobile view missing #352157
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alan

    My best guess is that this might being caused by the theme as it should show just fine. If you share a link to the page, I can take a closer look to see what might be causing this. Which mobile device are you using?

    in reply to: Download failed. Unauthorized #352155
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Josh

    Yes, you need to add your license keys for the items you are downloading to the Connections : Settings page under the Licenses tab. After you do, you will be able to install the updates. The update link should not be displayed when there is no activate license key I’ve only become aware that this and I am still trying to track down the source of the bug.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    It appears you are using W3 Total Cache (W3TC) and are using its javascript minification/concatenation feature. This appears to breaking a good bit of the javascript that is supposed to be running on the site including the scripts for cMap template. This is a great and very powerful feature but it also very advanced that requires a lot of tweaking to get it just right… I highly suggest you disable this feature, especially if your are using in auto mode. After you do, things will continue to work again.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Change Biography to Info #352153
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    Here’s a link to a FAQ for how to use a few shortcode enabled by the Circled template to change its template specific strings.

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/circled/#How_do_I_use_the_str__shortcode_options

    And here’s the link that explains in more detail with examples. You can probably get all you need to know from this link.

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/circled/#Changing_the_Label_Text

    Hope that helps!, Let me know.

    in reply to: Remove Pending purchase from my account #352152
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    These happen when PayPal purchases are are started but not completed. The system will have the status as pending waiting for PayPal to authorize/deny the transaction. If that response never comes, say as an example, because the Purchase button is clicked and the the browser Back button and the Purchase clicked again. This will create an pending instance that will never be completed. What happens then is the the pending after about a week will mark itself as abandoned and no longer wait for PayPal response. So, as you see, if I explained this clearly this transaction will not complete and you would never be charged.

    Hope that explains it.

    As for you request, I set the status as Cancelled.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Frontend entry #352150
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Samuel

    You can use the Form extension for Connections.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Search Results load twice #352149
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jon

    Glad to help!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thank in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeffrey

    The category select is designed to show all with the exception to hide empty categories and excluded categories. You are manually limiting the scope of the entries that can be returned by using the category shortcode option… maybe the confusion comes from this… you are not setting what categories to display in the drop down by using the category shortcode option, rather you are limiting the query to the entries which can be returned by the category they have been assigned.

    Since you are choosing to manually restrict which categories can be displayed on separate pages of your site, then you have to also limit which categories should be displayed in the drop down by either excluding them as options or using the limit to root parent as I suggested in my last reply.

    Make sense???

    I’ll explain the decisions… This was designed for the 99% of users. They are going to add the shortcode to a single page and let the user choose from the categories, that’s about it. But I also choose to allow the 1% to create far more complex configurations. If you’re going to manually split categories out on separate WordPress pages there is going to be a bit more configuration to the process.

    I really hope this helps clear up functionality and not make it muddier!

    in reply to: Birthday date ordering #351992
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jo

    Ok, I see the dates in the desc now. If those dates match the birthday, something is up…

    I’ll need a temp WP admin login so I can take a closer look. It can be posted here as a private reply.

    in reply to: Modifying the template to allow larger images #351951
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    I just emailed you a quote with a couple options. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,121 through 7,130 (of 15,332 total)