Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reed
I’m not sure I understand… The link will go directly to the edit page where the user is able to edit their entry… I forgot one thing though… You do have the Form extension installed, yes?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jo
It can be any random invalid email address. Generally when I do temp accounts I mash several key on the keyboard, add the “@”, mash a few more keys and then add
.tempor some other random tld. You can post the user/pass here as a private reply.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Alan
Sorry, but I am afraid I’m going to have to refer you to the BuddyBoss support as I can not find exactly what’s going on. What I can tell you is that after the page loads on a mobile device the BuddyBoss theme is removing the search input. If I disable javascript on a mobile device, the search is there, just as it should be.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reed
The shortcode should be
[connections_edit_link]. I tested the code real quick, it works… keep in mind it will only show the edit link for the current logged in user if they have been linked to an entry by the Link extension.Does that help?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Roland
I suggest taking a look at the docs for the id shortcode option and the category shortcode option using these you can choose to display specific entries or specific categories.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Gene
Is it possible, well, yes, it would be possible but not “out of the box”, it would have to be custom coded to meet your specific needs. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, sorry.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reed
Here’s the code that’ll create the shortcode:
add_shortcode( 'connections_edit_link', 'cn_edit_my_entry_shortcode' ); function cn_edit_my_entry_shortcode() { // Grab an instance of the Connections object. $instance = Connections_Directory(); // Get the current user ID. $userID = get_current_user_id(); // Check to see if the entry has been linked to a user ID. $entryID = get_user_meta( $userID, 'connections_entry_id', TRUE ); $results = $instance->retrieve->entries( array( 'id' => $entryID ) ); if ( is_user_logged_in() && ( $userID == $results[0]->user && $entryID == $results[0]->id ) && ( current_user_can( 'connections_edit_entry' ) || current_user_can( 'connections_edit_entry_moderated' ) ) ) { return cnURL::permalink( array( 'type' => 'edit', 'slug' => $results[0]->slug, 'text' => 'Edit My Entry', 'return' => TRUE ) ); } }Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Reed
Yes, this can be done… use this:
cnURL::permalink( array( 'type' => 'name', 'slug' => $entry->getSlug(), 'text' => 'View Profile', 'home_id' => $atts['home_id'], ) );Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Walter
I processed the exchange you should have received a new sales confirmation email with your download link. Let me know if you do not receive it.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jeffrey
You can still do what you want, you just need to exclude the categories that should not be displayed or use the
enable_category_by_root_parentif that will work for your category structure. I suggest the later method because it is the easiest and what most other users who need setup like your use.Alternatively, you could use the option in the QuickTip. This method was developed specifically for another user who wanted to split categories but required that some be redirected to specific pages. Honestly, when the other user described what they wanted I didn’t really see why that would be useful… but, looking at it in action, it worked very well and accomplished his functionality goals.
See this page. Select Academia from the drop down. Upon selection, this actually redirected to a new page, look at the URL. On this page it was setup to display another set of specific categories. The site is still being worked on so there is not a whole lot of data to see it in action but it should show enough to see why this was wanted for their site.
I guess is what I trying to say… I develop for the 99% while still giving that 1% the options they need to create rather complex configurations.
-
AuthorPosts
