BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,991 through 7,000 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2 column layout not working #354606
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joe

    re: Any idea when the fix will be released?

    After I finish up replying in the support forums I plan on tidying thing up and releasing… so, hopefully in a few hours.

    in reply to: ROT 13 #354605
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    re: Is it possible to combine the two accounts?

    I can transfer the purchase from one to the other… which way should it go?

    re: I don’t see how to use the Forms extension/plugin for a new user to enter new data to the database. Is this possible? Or is it not advisable?

    When you state “user” it that meant that so a single user can not only add their data but also maintain it? If so, you’ll need the Link extension.

    To set this up, follow the Link installation instructions.

    And follow the Form installation instructions. The important bit here is the add sumit entry link.

    re: doesn’t work if the user has a browser email account like gmail or yahoo

    Guess that is true under those scenarios… even still, using Chrome, clicking on an email will open a compose new message window effectively acting like a native app. I know in Win10, clicking an email link in IE/Edge I’m asked if I want to open Chrome which then open a new compose message window. Honestly though, not quite sure how it works with Yahoo / older browsers / other browsers… I’m guessing copy/paste would be the only option.

    in reply to: Additional dropdown field #354600
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joe

    re: Ok, so basically, those fields are all set-up as sub-categories on the example page, correct? With each dropdown pulling from a sub category?

    Correct. Each drop down represents the children categories of a parent category. Hope that makes sense.

    re: So, would I be correct to assume that the example uses a form with all those dropdown fields and then queries the results, filtering by each dropdown variable?

    Not sure I understand the question. Could you rephrase it?

    in reply to: Ratings & Reviews Update #354586
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Wendy

    I’ve actually had no time to work on this like I was hoping… I was getting a little inundated with support which meant I could not code. To help alleviate this situation I had to focus on features to make some aspects of Connections easier, like the Template Customizer … shortcodes I’ve learned, seem to be a little too difficult and prone to user input errors. I also needed better debug info which lead to the new Tools admin page. I am also spending quite a bit more time on documentation improvements which resulted in spending time custom coding a few solutions to help, like this one. The net result is support has gone down so hopefully I can spend time on creating some more new stuff for Connections. really no eta at the moment though. I am still working on the major updates to the templates to support the Template Customizer.

    in reply to: Additional dropdown field #354584
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joe

    If the regions were set up as categories, this can be done. See this site as an example: https://sscit.org/

    I can set this up for you for a reasonable fee. Just like the example site, this would require two page, one for the initial search input and one for the search results.

    If you’re interested, let me know.

    in reply to: Default image for Photo #354583
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    See this QuickTip. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Search multiple categories #354582
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ash

    The example on the sscit.org site is using a custom extension developed for them. This is something I can install and setup for you at a reason rate. It would require a two page setup though, just like example site. Basically you have the initial page where the search criteria is input and a results page. If you’re interested, let me know.

    in reply to: ROT 13 #354581
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    re: My understanding was that the Forms plugin allows people to add their information to the database which is then approved by an administrator.

    Correct.

    re: Or are the Content Blocks only for the entry form? If I select

    Sorry, I am not following… can you give me details?

    re: Is it possible to use both the Tiles-Plus template and use the ROT 13 extension and have the email addresses show?

    Yep, absolutely.

    re: I guess the Contact plugin is not what we’re looking for. I thought email addresses were encrypted but not made invisible.

    The Contact extension was created due to the large number of requests to have a contact form so the email addresses were not made publically available which is why it suppresses them. If you need them to be public but want to prevent bots from scraping them, then ROT13 is the way to go … you do not really need a contact form if you make the email address public… the user can simply click on it which will open their email client app and send them an email that way.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: 2 column layout not working #354579
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    Apologies for the trouble! The issue is that I made a small CSS tweak in the 8.5.3 release to help prevent themes from hiding Connections because they hide the vcard class. Something Connections needs in order to be hCard compliant for SEO. My tests showed this didn’t have any negative effect but I was testing against a version of Circled which has not yet been released so I didn’t notice the error this CSS tweak would cause. I am releasing an 8.5.4 update which addresses this as well as an issue users of the French translation are having. Again, apologies for the trouble.

    in reply to: Install issue? #354570
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Camp Beech Cliff

    I see two issues in the WordPress config section…

    Version: 3.9.9
    Memory Limit: 40M

    First and more importantly is that Connections requires WordPress 4.1 or newer. That pretty much explains the server error and such.

    Also the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT is only 40MB, I recommend setting this to about 128MB.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,991 through 7,000 (of 15,332 total)