BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,941 through 6,950 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Contact data entry header #355487
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tom1209

    Are you familiar with WordPress actions and filter hooks at all? This can be done using those but doing so will requires a little bit of basic PHP knowledge. If you are up to it, I can give some direction. Let me know.

    in reply to: Personal Listings include org information #355483
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tom1209

    re: When a person fills out the listing form and chooses “Organization” the first and last name fields are not available to enter information. When they choose “Personal” I would expect the organization fields of “Title”, “Organization” and “Department” to become unavailable, but I don’t see that happening.

    This is correct behavior… a person can work for an org, within a dept of that org and have a title which reflect what they do at the org in that dept.

    re: Any way to adjust this so that personal listings do not prompt for company info?

    Sorry, no… there is no easy way or little code snippet that I could give you to change this.

    Probably not the answer you wanted to hear but I hope that helps!

    in reply to: Sort by Custom Field #355355
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    re: MV Times

    I’m guess this is the question being addressed in this thread, yes?

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/sorting-shortcoded-cmap-listings/

    Seems I overlooked this one when replying to everyone yesterday. Apologies!

    in reply to: Sorting ShortCoded CMAP Listings #355354
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MV Times

    The first thing I see…

    ‘order_by=’category|SORT_ACS,zipcode|SORT_DESC’`

    You can not sort by category, you can only sort by the options lined in the doc page for the order_by shortcode option.

    I suspect you are looking to group by category and sort the entries within that group. That is not possible. What you could attempt to do is add a shortcode for each category group you want to display on the page.

    re: We would like the user to be able to sort this list by Town.

    There is not a way for the user to sort the results. The only option is to allow the user to filter by city by enabling the permalink for the city… something I see that you’ve already done. Clicking a city name will limit the list to just the city being clicked. You could add the following to the *theme’s** custom CSS area so they are visually apparent that they are links:

    #cn-cmap a {
        border-bottom-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-style: solid;
    }
    

    The theme does not make it very discoverable because links are not decorated differently from regular text. Another is is the theme seems to hide order lists and unordered lists. Not sure why one would do that… but this is why the clear search message box is empty. Adding the following to the theme’s custom CSS area will fix that:

    ul#cn-search-message-list {
        display: initial;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Category_in listing all records on cat page #355353
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    I suspect the category query var (the category slug from the URL) is being applied to the shortcode too. Try adding lock='true' to the shortcode. Doing this disables parsing the query variables from the URL for that shortcode instance.

    in reply to: Name and Business Name Appearance #355352
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    re: if I use show_alphaindex=’true’ show_alphahead=’true’ they apply only to the last_name and not to the organization.

    The character index is only valid with the default sort, it will not work when custom sorts are applied so you will not be able to use the character index.

    re: CSS overide works for the name; is there something like that I can use to make the organization larger?

    Sure you can use CSS to override it like you would when you develop CSS for anything else.

    #cn-cmap span.organization-name {
        font-size: 30px;
        font-weight: 500;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Excerpt Layout #355350
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster
    in reply to: geocode in form extension #355349
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Thomas

    re: shouldn’t in the form extension also be a button to generate a geocode for the google map like in the admin aerea? Or did I miss to set any options

    No, this is not presented in Form for simplification. The geocode, like in the admin too, will still be processed automatically. The manual version in the admin is to allow the admin to tweak it if necessary.

    re: are you plane to make a voting extention for the entries?

    Sorry, no plans presently.

    in reply to: Sorting ShortCoded CMAP Listings #355345
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MV Times

    re: Must be a busy week. Can you let us know (at least) and ETA on a response for this ticket?

    Many answers come some day, most in under 24hours (unless its a weekend or holiday)… it has not been quite 24hrs, yet ;)

    re: We have custom (numbered category id) lists on all of our directory pages. (See screenshot.)

    I’ve looked at the screenshot… honestly, I can’t quite figure out what it is supposed to be showing me.

    And, the link you gave for the custom sort post, that is a search link… is the link you are referring to this one?

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/sort-by-custom-field/#post-335687

    re: For example, if our “custom field” is “Town”, will sorting by Town, reorder just that list by town or, will it pull up all

    Honestly… there is no way for me to tell you based on just the key name (town) of how it’ll sort. I’d need to know the values and what the shortcode is that you are using for the custom field sort. But is a very general statement, I believe fields which do not have the custom field of “town” will be excluded from the results.

    Not sure if that helps or not… hope it does.

    in reply to: Change "Biographical Info" #355344
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carrie

    re: How do I change this to make it display as SITE 1?

    Well, to start… you are using two completely different templates on the two sites.

    Site 1 is using the Default Entry Card template. So, on Site 2, activate that template.

    After you do that, go to the Template Customizer for the template on both sites at the same time in two different windows. Make sure the settings are the same for both.

    Site 1… it appears a custom link type was added named “More Info”. What ever method you used to added that, migrate to Site 2. After you do that, add the links like you did on Site 1.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,941 through 6,950 (of 15,332 total)