BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,901 through 6,910 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: multiple location pins #356375
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Sorry, no, this can not be done at this time.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    Yes, many users do exactly this. The easiest way is to use categories to create the separate list. To override the currect active template on a page, you can use the template shortcode option

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: List Shortcode Not Working Properly #356373
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leah

    The login details can be posted here as a private reply or you can use the contact form link at the very bottom of the page.

    in reply to: Batch Category Assignments #356372
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    There is no way to do this in the admin. I never tested it, but using the CSV Import with a matching entry id might work. You should be able to add categories, but not remove them.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Implementing Search without Changing the look #356371
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christine & Debra

    re: search

    I’m assuming you are using the free default template, yes? Search is not a feature of this template, sorry. I suggest the cMap template. Using the Template Customizer, you can make it look very close to the default template.

    @ Christine

    re: ability to let folks login to edit individual profiles eventually.

    You’ll need the Link extension to add this functionality.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Karen

    Sorry for taking so long to reply… it is really odd because this post just seemed to come out of nowhere… it never showed up for me until just now. My apologies!

    Is there a way to change the sequence the profiles are displayed in (it’s defaulting to the sequence they were created, right?)

    No, entries are ordered alphabetically by lastname/organization name by default. This can be changed with the order_by shortcode option.

    Also, can I suppress the “Categories” field? I unclicked “SHOW THE CATEGORIES ASSIGNED TO THE ENTRY. WHETHER OR NOT TO DISPLAY THE CATEGORIES.” in the template customization but it’s still showing up. :(

    In the Template Customizer, make sure to uncheck this option on both the list result view and the single entry view. You get to the single entry view by clicking an entry name in the preview. When you click an entry name it’ll reload the preview in the single entry view. Hope that make sense.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Search function not working #356369
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    I just visited the dev site directory page…

    Filtering by category seemed to work just fine. Searching seemed to work fine. I did a search for “Atamo” and the entry was returned as a search result as expected. Whatever issue there was, it seems to have been fixed.

    in reply to: Geocodes not working in excerpt plus #356368
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    The Excerpt Plus template does not yet display a map. This will be added in the next version.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: List Shortcode Not Working Properly #356228
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leah

    Yeah… if I can’t see the page, there’s not much I can do to help. You can always give me a login so I can see the page.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    My best guess is that those entries did exist on that page at the time Google indexed the page. I would assume since they are not present now, when Google reindexes the page, those incorrect links will be removed.

    The entry is being shown, even though it is being excluded by the shortcode is because when an entry is queried directly it’ll be displayed. I’m thinking maybe I should add a filter which does a 404 when an entry is being requested that should be excluded based on the shortcode attributes. I added this to my issue tracker.

    Back to the issue on hand, like I said, I do believe these results will be removed the next time Google indexes the page. I think the page can be requested to be indexed thru the Webmaster tools.

    I’ll leave this issue open for now, let me know if these link do not get removed in the next couple weeks.

    oh… just remembered, in Webmaster tools there is an option to remove links from the index… maybe you can remove the invalid links?

Viewing 10 posts - 6,901 through 6,910 (of 15,332 total)