BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,891 through 6,900 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Appointments plugin #356576
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    Sorry, I do not know of any.

    in reply to: URGENT!!! Categories ARE NOT displaying correctly #356575
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    Ok, I’ve looked at this for the last couple hours… and it had me scratching my head, until…

    The issue is a conflict with one of the theme’s features, sort of. The theme has a page visual page builder built in. Fine, that is a great feature to have. This particular visual page builder caches its output which I would say, normally, is a good thing. However, this simply will not work for highly dynamic shortcode based plugins like Connections.

    Basically, anytime you updated the page in the admin, the content of the shortcode at that point would be cached by the theme and then displayed by the theme anytime the page was being displayed. The effect basically is that it would appear that all links are broken, search not working and so on because no matter what you did in Connections, the theme would still be displaying the original cached output of Connections.

    I disabled this page builder caching in option the theme settings and now Connections seems to work just fine (actually Connections was never broke…).

    Couple questions for you…

    Why are you using another visual page builder when the theme already has that feature built in? Seems redundant and would only slow down the site. I would suggest using one or the other.

    Similarly, you have a favicon/site icon plugin installed both WordPress and the theme has options to set the site’s icon. Also, the installed plugin seems not to be compatible with WP any more and abandoned by the dev likely because the feature is built in into WP now.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: URGENT!!! Categories ARE NOT displaying correctly #356522
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    Oh, just thought of something else. After approving entries, you should flush the caches. That could very well be another reason your client was not showing up. You could have been viewing a cached page before the client was approved.

    in reply to: URGENT!!! Categories ARE NOT displaying correctly #356521
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    I went to take a look at you site but unfortunately I can not see the directory due to the under construction page but I’ll try to answer what I can…

    re: I want to have both the widget in the side bar and the drop down menu for easy access and expect that they should both work no matter what.

    You should choose one or the other… the category widget or the category drop down filter in the template. My best guess from your description in points 1 and 2. is that you were not viewing the category you thought you were viewing.

    re: I looked around to see how to change the page layout for CMAP to make it have 3-4 listings in a row.

    cMap functions just as shown on the demo and on the other live sites… it does not have a columnar layout. It is a single column template.

    re: I switched back to CMAP (cmap is the template I like but with multiple listings in a row) and now when I try to click onto anything in the directory, nothing works. All the links are broken. The BIO nor Map will open and when I click to open the listing it will not open. And now I can’t even search by category.

    A quick look at the page source and I see that you are using WP Super Cache. Best guess, you need to make sure you flush the page caches and then make sure to force refresh the browser cache. When adjusting settings, you should always work with caching plugin disabled. This is a good general rule to follow no matter what plugin you might be configuring. You can save your self a lot of frustration that way, trust me. Only once you have everything setup and confirmed working should you enable page caching plugins and after you enable them, you need to go back an re-confirm everything is working correctly because things can break in unexpected ways.

    What I need from you to help further…

    1. I need to be able to see the director page.
    2. I need to know the exact shortcode you are using on that page.
    3. The caching plugin should be deactivated for testing. Warning, you must flush the page cache in WP Super Cache before deactivating otherwise the server will still serve the cached pages. Tip, If you want to use a caching plugin, you should really checkout WP Rocket. I’ve found it to be far more reliable/performant than WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache.
    in reply to: Picture with name shortcode #356422
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tony1418

    There are widgets in the Widget Pack that sound like that they would meet you requirements. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: UX Suggestion #356421
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tom1209

    Thanks for the great suggestion! I added to my issue tracker.

    in reply to: Dont show photos in connections list #356420
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carlos

    I believe this shortcode will do the trick:

    [connection image='none' image_fallback='none']

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Constant Contact integration possible? #356419
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bob

    re: Using the Connections plug-in, is this possible and if so how?

    Sorry, no, there is no builtin support for Constant Contact. That would have to be custom coded. That said, there is an email export option. You can export the email addresses and then import them into Constant Contact.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: View All not displaying correctly #356378
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lance

    Can you share a link to the page with the issue so I can take a look?

    in reply to: Link Photo and Name to Profile Page #356376
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carrie

    Sorry, this can not be done… however, you could edit the PHP of the template to make it do this.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,891 through 6,900 (of 15,332 total)