BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,881 through 6,890 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Connections rewriting department link? #356595
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    Yeah, I see the issue. You are using this plugin, right?

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bu-navigation/

    Connections includes code that deals with how WP creates permalinks for page, but if a plugin rolls their own code to output page links rather than relying on itnal WP functions, then the filter that mods the permalink will not be removed in the menus like it should be. After you confirm that you are using this plugin, I’ll dig into its code to see if there is a hook in it that I can add to remove the permalink filter like I do with the core WP menus.

    in reply to: Gridder with name bars at equal height… #356594
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    Try adding the following css to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-gridder .vcard span {
        display: block;
    }
    
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-thumb {
        height: auto !important;
    }
    
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-overlay {
        position: relative;
        left: 0;
        bottom: 0;
        z-index: 1;
        min-height: 100px;
        float: left;
    }
    

    I think that’ll be pretty close to what you want. Depending on the CSS file load order, you might have to add !important after each style declaration.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Private entries visible only by author? #356586
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stefan

    Sorry, no, there is not a way to mark entries private on a per user basis.

    in reply to: Slight modifications desired to card template #356585
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jason

    re: It does seem like the ‘Custom Fields’ component is not necessarily part of the template, and is in the core code, so editing that might not be update safe.

    Correct, the custom fields output is generated from the code in the core plugin. It is not safe to change code in the core plugin much like it is not safe to change code in the core code of WordPress.

    re: my question is any recommendation to conserve vertical space on the card page.

    I suppose you could use template override files and re-layout the template to better meet your needs.

    re: If there are any other suggestions, that would be great.

    Does not look like you are using images, so you could get right of them and free up that space.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    Looking at the Custom Google Search results… I noticed this page:

    https://www.ubishops.ca/academic-programs/faculty-of-arts-and-science/humanities/religion-department/faculty/faculty-profile-details/

    It seems all entries are listed on this page and browsing the site manually, it does not seem this page is being used. If I go to the Religion Department / Faculty page the individual entry details show on this page, not /faculty-profile-details/

    So, I’m guess that unused page is in the sitemap which gets indexed by Google and because all entries are one this page, this somehow generates the search results you are seeing.

    I guess my next suggestion, make sure this page is truly unused and trash it. Then wait to see if the search results are corrected after Google reindexes the site. If it does not, that would be a head scratcher because why this one page… other instances where you are using Connections on this site are not being indexed like this… must be something unique with this page, hopefully this unused page is the cause.

    in reply to: List Shortcode Not Working Properly #356583
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leah

    Ok, this issue is caused due to a CSS tweak I made to try to prevent themes from hiding Connections. The next update will fix this. Add the following CSS to the theme’s custom CSS area should fix it for you:

    #cn-list .vcard,
    #cn-list .vcard span {
        display: initial;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        border: none;
    }
    
    #cn-list div.vcard{
        display: block;
    }
    

    Apologies for the trouble!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Arif

    You can not network activate Connections. You should only activate it on the subsite in which you plan to use Connections. So, deactivate the network activation then go to the sub site you want to use Connections on and activate it there.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Not sure which template is best for me #356581
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dani

    re: which would show the following fields right in the list… That’s it. How can I accomplish this?

    I see you have purchased Tile Plus, seems like that is the template closest to you needs. You just need to enable the notes so they display when viewing a single entry. You can do this by using this shortcode on you directory page:

    [connections enable_note='true']

    re: is there a way to show custom fields with account info that would display only that logged in user’s info?

    Sorry, no. Something like this would have to be custom coded to meet your specific needs.

    re: Also, I’d want to be able to use your forms extension to quickly add entries on the go, including the webpage snapshot.

    Sorry, but I am not sure I see the question???

    re: I purchased and tried your Snapshot with Tile Plus, but apparently you can’t then click on the entry to view more info, is that correct?

    Yes, you can click on e the entry… the single entry view displays the bio, map, notes as well as any custom fields that might be added by an extension (like Contact). Other details can be shown too, but they will also display in the results list view which means you would have to adjust the tile size in order to accommodate the additional content. The next update to Tile Plus, which is a major one, will enable the Template Customizer feature (like the Default Entry Card template). With this you will be able to configure the list view and single view separately.

    re: is there a way to display the name above the screenshot/link?

    No, the only way to change the layout would be to edit the template’s PHP file.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: How to Sort by Name/Category #356579
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Meezie

    re: How do you sort alphabetically and how do you sort by category?

    The list is automatically sorted alphabetically by default. So you do not need to do anything to enable that. To filter by category, you need one of the templates sold here.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Link #356577
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Claude

    re: If I have already created all the entries in Connexion for my users and that I want to assign users to manage their own entry afterward, even if I have Link, I wont be able to do this? I will need to erase the entry and enter it a second time using the users accounts. I’m I right?

    No, after Link is installed, when your user logs in, Link will search for a matching entry in Connections (based on email address) if a match is found, the user will be linked automatically to the existing entry.

    What can not be done at this time is manually creating this link.

    Does that help?

Viewing 10 posts - 6,881 through 6,890 (of 15,332 total)