Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Steve
re: Whew! A long explanation for a simple idea. I hope it isn’t confusing.
Nope, not confusing. I know exactly what you are talking about. Unfortunately there is not a way to manually update the entry’s object caches from data changed directly in the db. I use object caches (my term for it) to keep the db queries to a minimum for performance reason. These object caches are only refreshed when adding/editing an entry.
The only solution I can offer is a method to disable the entry object caches when displaying entries. But that has the performance penalty of adding 7 additional db queries per entry.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ bob253
You can use the Link extension to add this. When your clients vendors log in, their Connections entry will be linked to their WP user account and given access to edit their entry.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ryan
I’ll need a little more details, such as…
What is the entry name is of the entry that the image is being displayed? What is the name of the entry where the image is not being displayed? There’s 12 pages to look thru on the test page so I need a little help ;)
Can you attach a screenshot of the edit admin page for both entries?
Also, can you please share the system info link with me? It can be created on the Connections : Tools admin page under the System Info tab at the very bottom.
Lastly, can you attach a copy of both images?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Zach
Interesting… I just recently added code to eliminate that effect except on Divi and Divi child theme. I’ll need a temp admin account so I can take a closer look to see why this would be happening for you. The login details can be posted here as a private reply.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rob
Is ‘director’ spelled and capitalized exactly as it is entered on the Connections : Categories admin page?
As an alternative and recommended method use thecategory shortcode option instead.
Hope that helps! Let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Steve
yes, that would be a great project for someone to add to Connections. Sorry, but I have no one I can recommend for such a project right now.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
re: Am I to understand that this problem will occure anytime there is a theme update? I certainly hope not!
No, this was a setting in the theme options. I disabled the option for you so Connections will work.
re: I noticed that the Category drop down bar is missing. I used to have them both and they worked fine together. Is there a conflict there?
I threw a lot of info at you so you might have missed it. You should choose to use either the widget or the category drop down. Do not use both. Since you are using the widget, I disable the drop down in the template.
If you choose to use the drop down instead of the widget, first remove the widget. Then enable the drop down in the template (Go to the Connections : Templates admin page, click the Customize button. You can enable the category select drop down in the Template Customizer options.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
No page related plugin at all? I narrowed in on that plugin specifically because the page source matched the output of that specific plugin. Maybe the theme is incorporating that plugin. What do you use to create the menu links?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brett
Apologies for the trouble! I just today help some else with the same issue. This being caused by a slight tweak I made in the last versions CSS to help prevent theme from hiding Connections inadvertently due to hiding vCards. The next update changes this tweak a bit. To fix it now, add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:
#cn-list .vcard, #cn-list .vcard span { display: initial; margin: 0; padding: 0; border: none; } #cn-list div.vcard{ display: block; }That should fix it right up.
11/30/2015 at 2:05 pm in reply to: user editing listing in front end no permissions to upload media #356605Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ David
What’s the login URL? The temp admin account can be posted here as a private reply or using the contact link at the very bottom of the page. I prefer the former over the later as it makes it easy to keep all issue related information together.
-
AuthorPosts
