BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,911 through 6,920 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Susan

    re: As a thought going forward, integration would be very helpful, since search is the most obvious solution to finding a particular person. I’m sure it would be a huge overhaul, but if Connections entries were a special post type would they be findable by site search?

    This is not possible as Connections uses custom tables for its data, not a CPT. There are many reason but the most relevant is the the db schema for Connections is optimized for directories where as the core WP CPT schema is optimized for, well, posts. There is no way to integrate custom search results into the core default search results because the API only allows for returning post search results.

    re: I would like to get rid of the error message, looks kinda funky.

    I have never used Relevanssi, but I image there is on option to exclude pages from being index, I suggest excluding the page so the error message will not be displayed. I’m guessing Relevanssi is altering the error output that is why it does not seem to be coming from Connections.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    If you grive me a temp WP subscriber user account and a temp WP admin account, I’ll take a look. But so far from what you have described the bug is that the subscriber is seeing the Add Media button and are able to use (almost)… this is something a subscriber should definitely not be able to do. The subscriber should only be able to upload a photo and logo.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Susan

    It’s really hard to determine what is going on but here’s what I can tell you…

    Connections does not integrate with the core WP search so using the site search should not ever return anything from the directory. I’m assuming you are using a plugin or something which enhances the core WP search???

    The error message you are seeing, that is in Connections but does not seem to be coming from Connections… I say this because it is not quite right. It’s missing the inline styling and the punctuation is wrong. Was Connections altered in any way?

    in reply to: List Shortcode Not Working Properly #356045
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leah

    Sounds like a CSS conflict… If you could share a link to the page with the issue, I’ll take a look.

    in reply to: Showing Links #355846
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Emily

    Copy the following line:

    if ( $atts['show_links'] ) $entry->getLinkBlock( array( 'format' => $atts['link_format'], 'type' => $atts['link_types'] ) );
    

    from the card-single.php found in this folder:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/

    paste it into the card.php file found in the same folder on line 99.

    After you do this, you will likely not see the link text. You will need to add some custom CSS you can refer to the gridder.css file lines 283–311 to the CSS you’ll need to add to have the links show (you’ll need to update the gridder.min.css too).

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Email "reply-to" #355808
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tom1209

    I discovered this “feature” when testing Contact before releasing it. It was quite frustrating until I realized that the only time it happened was when I was using my Gmail link accounts.

    Good to hear this is all fixed up for you now!

    in reply to: Showing Links #355806
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Emily

    Sorry, no, not out of the box. If you need to add links, it can be done, but you need to edit the PHP for the template. If this is something you think you can do, I can point you in the right direction.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    I see the error, but from which screen is the Media Manager being opened from? I need more details on how you are getting there…

    That said…

    This button is enabled (and meant) for admins only, this is the only role that has the unfiltered_html role capability by default. I have not tested scenarios where user roles other than admin can have use the Media Library. I’m guessing you enabled this capability for roles other than the admin. Is that correct? If you did, I very highly recommend that you remove that capability because it opens up the possibility for users to do some very, very bad things really easily because this also bypasses many of the security safeguards that WP has in place.

    in reply to: Email "reply-to" #355773
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ tom1209

    Ok, that is exactly what should happen. Now… are these emails being received in Gmail and does Gmail know both of these addresses are yours via an alias that was setup in Gmail or an account that has been linked to Gmail? I ask because Gmail will helpfully change the reply to address. More about it at this link make sure to read the link that that person gave too.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    I only just permitted that button to be shown to admin… looks like I’ll have to turn it back off as I would not expect that you would have permission to upload a new image from here (although it does work for me).

    But for some clarification… it works fine in the admin on the WP Media Library page, correct? Meaning you can upload images on the Media Library admin page.

    Can you please share screenshots of when you are receiving the error?

Viewing 10 posts - 6,911 through 6,920 (of 15,332 total)