Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ tom1209
Is that entry you are testing with… is that entry using your email address? If it is, that would explain why it would be “from me to me”.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Steve
Sounds like a CSS conflict between Connections and the theme or another plugin. What’s the link so I can take a look?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rupert
Glad to hear that you got it sorted!
ps. You should take a moment to activate your support licenses on the site for cMap and CSV Import. You can do this on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab. This will be the only way you will receive updates to these when I release them.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ tom1209
Are we all! I take it you’ve got this sorted now and are good to go?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rupert
re: the preview panel has some other page displayed when I needed to make the change for the single view.
What do you mean by this??? When you access the Template Customizer you should be taken to your directory home page which has a preview of the template being customized.
If you are not, make sure that you have correctly set the Directory Home Page option on the Connections : Settings admin page under the General tab. This page must be a public page and not a draft or preview.
re: I think I need to learn how to access the Connections template while the correct page is still showing in the preview.
You can access the single entry preview from the preview page by clicking an entry name… their name links to the single entry view which then can be customized. It does not matter which entry name you click on to get to this view.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
You needed to make the change on two pages… the first being:
site.com/eat-drink/restaurants-sort-test-page
and the second being:
site.com/eat-drink/restaurants-bars/
Actually, it was only the second page that required the lock option.
Once I figured that out and added the lock option to the second page, it work as expected. It was really confusing because both pages look the same.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
I get an invalid login error for the site…
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
I see no reason for your homebrew town select not to work… the lock option should prevent that shortcode instance from being affected by the query var (url). I’m out of ideas. If you give me a temp WP admin account, I’ll take a look.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ tom1209
re: Any way to turn off the logo display in the single view for cMap template? In the template settings I have the image type set to photo and the bio-tray image set to none (we don’t use logos). I don’t see anywhere to control the image display on the single entry display.
Go to the same place… the only difference is that you must click an entry name (any entry, does not matter) so the preview loads to show a single entry detail profile view. Now configure the same options for the image in both places.
They are configured separately for the list and detail views. This note boxes in the preview, they offer a few tips… this being one of them ;)
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rupert
Since you are using the cMap template, you can use the Template Customizer to change this quite easily.
- Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Customize button for cMap.
- This will load the Customizer on the left with a preview on the right.
- Click the back arrow in the Customizer, click the Image panel.
- Change the image type to photo.
- Click the back arrow, click the Tray Image panel.
- Change the image type to none.
- In the preview, click any entry’s name.
- The preview will load that entries single entry profile detail view.
- Change the image type to none (you should still be in the Tray Image panel).
- Click the back arrow.
- Click the Image panel.
- Change the image type to photo.
- Click Save and publish.
- Done :)
Play around with the Template Customizer for cMap as it offers a lot of tweaking. Read the instructions provided right in the preview for helpful tips. The one item to take special note to, you configure the list view and single view separately. Which is why you set the image type twice for each location. This provides you with a lot of flexibility.
Enjoy!
-
AuthorPosts
