Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Spalding
Have you tried deactivated, deleted and reinstalled Connections (data is safe)? I’m assuming you are on version 8.5.6, yes?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bruce
Well, the first thing I see is you are using WP Super Cache. Perhaps the page was cached when Connections was not active. Try flushing the page cache.
The next item I see it that is appears that the shortcode has fancy quotes in it (see they have backtick/curl to them). The WP shortcode parser does not support these. WP 4.4 made more changes to the shortcode parser which perhaps prevents shortcodes from working when they contain fancy quotes.
This happened to a couple other users too. Rather than repeating, here are the links to where I explain the issue and how to fix it:
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/wp-upgrading/#post-357398
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/delete-photo-in-tile-plus/#post-356945
The short version, the shortcode should look like this:
[connections enable_search=FALSE image_fallback='none' str_contact='BHBA Rep' enable_bio_head=FALSE str_work_addr='Address' str_bio_head=Profile color='#408547' page_limit=100 show_empty_categories='false']Hope that helps! Let me know!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Leslie
I already went ahead and installed Connections Pro and some of the add-ons, and it’s working great. But I did see on the forums for a similar plugin that if you can keep the ID the same, it would overwrite the data. Would that also work for Connections Pro? If so, it might be possible for us to add that ID # in our Access DB.
The ID, that would be the entry ID assigned by the WordPress db when the entry is added. This can be found on the Connections : Manage admin page under the View Details section of the entry.
If you can add this data to your Access db then using the CSV Import extension, you can map the ID to the Entry ID and the CSV Import will instead update the entry with the new info, well, sort of. The data for addresses, phones, links… the fields that are repeatable when adding an entry. These are actually simply deleted and replaced with the data in the CSV file.
Hope that answers your question!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Greg
re: Posted before, but system won’t let me respond to your response. : /
I marked the original post as resolved and since the original post was “anonymous” rather than that of a logged in user it becomes closed. Now that you opened, logged in, this topic, even if I mark it resolved, you will be able to reply. Others may respond too, until I mark it resolved at which point only you will be able to add more replies. This is to help prevent other adding new support questions to old threads which have no relevance to their question… it happened, a lot. Hope that makes sense.
re: For the consulting and channel partners I’ll also want to associate each one with the countries they do business in. Does your plugin provide any way to also filter listings by a second parameter, maybe a tag? I’d need them to not be mutually exclusive, so I could filter to both a country and a type, like “Resellers in Singapore.” Y’all got that move?
Apologies I didn’t answer this previously… I assumed that you answered your own questions with the so far so good comment.
Sound like you can use categories to accomplish what you want. Two top level categories, One for Countries the other for “consulting and channel partners”. You could then enable the multiple category search with the
enable_category_multi_selectshortcode option like so:[connections enable_category_multi_select='true']Another option, still category based would be a custom multi-categories search like implemented on https://sscit.org/ which is a bit more end user intiuitive.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ indy1003
re: Gridder mobile friendly?
It is, the number per row is limited by the theme’s content width on mobile devices. Showing or not showing entries based on the device is not something Connections does. I suspect it has more to do with visibility/permissions. You are like logged in on your desktop as an admin on your site and on you mobile device you are not logged in. Another possibility is page caching plugin. While logged in you will not see cached pages but logout you will. If you added entries perhaps the caching plugin is still displaying an old version of the page. Without more details and a link to the page having the issue, these are my best guesses. Hope they help, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Greg
Apologies for the delay reply. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster**@ Leslie****
re: What would that workflow look like using your plugin?**
A couple users do something similar… what they do is create the CSV file, delete all entries and then import the CSV file. They do not do this manually though. They each create a custom PHP server cron to do this. At least that is my understanding because I have not personally seen their solutions.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Christy
Open the
card.phpfound here:
../wp-content/plugins/connections-tile-plus/Add the following where you want the notes to be displayed:
$entry->getNotesBlock();Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Amy
re: Id like to not show a bio or an excerpt under the image.
The only way to make this edit is to edit the
card.phpfile found here:
../wp-content/plugins/connections-circled/Look for the following and delete it.:
<div class="cn-circled-excerpt"> <p> <?php if ( $atts['excerpt_length'] ) { echo wp_trim_words( $entry->getBio(), $atts['excerpt_length'], $atts['excerpt_more'] ); } else { echo $entry->getBio(); } ?> </p> </div>re: And also if possible, to show 3 columns instead of 2. Thank you!
Well, yes, it is possible but would require you to make a lot of changes to the CSS possibly require changes to the templates PHP files to make it look right. That said, adding the following to the theme’s custom CSS area might be good enough.
#cn-circled .cn-list-row, #cn-circled .cn-list-row-alternate { width: 32% !important; }Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Suzanne
Can you explain (step by step) how you migrated the site and it contents?
-
AuthorPosts
