Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ John
Add the following to your custom CSS:
#block-bwg565c817c30859 div.entry-content a:visited { color: #0889EF; }Hope that helps! Let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ George
Ok, them. The output from
$entry->getCategory()which you are using in the above code is ordered to the number you set in the admin. When you flatten out the category hierarchy and depending on the order numbers you used it may not be apparent. To give your advice I would need to know the current order numbers, the desired order and the final code you using in thecard-single.phptemplate you used for the out so I can make sure there’s nothing there that would alter the order.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ George
Do you have Custom Category Order installed and the order defined?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ valuser
re: Which are the extensions necessary to have a set up like: (particularly – “Show Details”) https://www.chem.ufl.edu/faculty-and-research/ (particularly – “Show Details”)
Ther are using the cMap template… but, they customized it quite a bit by moving bits around and using CSS to achieve the two-column layout. The coloring, I’m guessing they simply used the Template Customizer which the cMap template supports.
re: Would each image have been imported separately
Yes, they would have to be added to each entry separately.
Hope that answers your questions thoroughly.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ lenaW
Yes, you can safely delete the old version of the template and install the new one. After you, you should go to the Connections : Settings admin page, click the Licenses tab and activate your support license key. After you do, you will be eligible to receive in admin updates where you can update Slim Plus with a single click.
Hope that helps, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ karen
re: I need to place the Form for users to submit their own listings on a custom page. That page will be placed behind a content-restriction wall (using Woocommerce Membership plugin to restrict access to the page). I used to be able to do this using the [connections_form] shortcode. However, I understand that use of that shortcode has been discontinued, and we are now supposed to enable to function for users to just click a button to Add New Directory. However, I don’t want that button/link to be on the same page as the Directory.
You can continue to use the shortcode. I will not be removing it. In fact, just last week, I added new shortcode options to it at another user’s request. I will be greatly de-emphasizing the use of the shortcode mostly for beginner WordPress users because they are difficult to understand. My goal will be to make thing more and more point and click friendly.
re: is there a way to get a link or button to Edit listing on this page, instead of on the Directory page?
Install the code Snippets plugin.
Add a new code snippet with the following code:
add_shortcode( 'connections_edit_link', 'cn_edit_my_entry_shortcode' ); function cn_edit_my_entry_shortcode() { // Grab an instance of the Connections object. $instance = Connections_Directory(); // Get the current user ID. $userID = get_current_user_id(); // Check to see if the entry has been linked to a user ID. $entryID = get_user_meta( $userID, 'connections_entry_id', TRUE ); $results = $instance->retrieve->entries( array( 'id' => $entryID ) ); if ( is_user_logged_in() && ( $userID == $results[0]->user && $entryID == $results[0]->id ) && ( current_user_can( 'connections_edit_entry' ) || current_user_can( 'connections_edit_entry_moderated' ) ) ) { return cnURL::permalink( array( 'type' => 'edit', 'slug' => $results[0]->slug, 'text' => 'Edit My Entry', 'return' => TRUE ) ); } }Save and activate the snippet.
Add the
[connections_edit_link]shortcode to your members profile page.Hope this helps, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ George
The Connections taxonomy code for categories is very heavily based on the core WordPress code… there’s actually no really easy way of doing this. Basically a custom function would need to be written which would get all the categories for an entry, check each to see if it is an ancestor of category ID:34 and then output the appropriate HTML code. This function should do the trick:
function cn_display_terms_of_parent_term_id( $term_id, $terms ) { $found = array(); foreach ( $terms as $term ) { if ( cnTerm::isAncestorOf( $term_id, $term->term_id, 'category' ) ) { $found[] = $term->term_id; } } foreach ( $found as $id ) { $category = cnTerm::get( $id, 'category' ); if ( ! is_wp_error( $category ) ) { echo esc_html( $category->name ); } elseif ( is_a( $category, 'WP_Error' ) ) { echo $category->get_error_message(); } } }You would use it in the
card-single.phpfile like this:cn_display_terms_of_parent_term_id( 34, $entry->getCategory() );That should output only the categories that were assigned to an entry with the parent ID of 34.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ valuser
Presently there is not a way to import images using the CSV Import extension.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ valuser
There is code that attempts to check if a license is activated on a localhost. If it is detected then it will not count against the license activation limit. My suggestion, there no need to activate the license on the local install the templates and extensions will work just fine without the licenses being activated. The only function that will not work is in admin updates of the templates and extension. I recommend just activating it on the live site.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ biorn
I’m sorry! I forgot to mention something important. The capabilities I listed are for the 8.5.8 version that I plan on releasing tomorrow/Friday. With 8.5.7 you need only the install_plugins capability. When developing the new tools I used the install_plugins capability… forgetting to set the correct capabilities. Version 8.5.8 fixes this.
-
AuthorPosts
