BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,621 through 6,630 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Show Categories by Root Parent #360469
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    re: I get the same result, “undefined”, with “Export Addresses”, “Export Phone Numbers”, Export Email Addresses”, “Export Dates” and “Export All”.

    I’ll need a temp admin to see what the error is behind that undefined message.

    in reply to: cMap: Expand and collapse blocks #360467
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    Sorry, I really do not have any suggestions other than columns like you’re thinking.

    in reply to: Directory Printing #360464
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rodney

    Creating PDF/s is rather difficult and very server resource intensive the later could be very problematic and shared hosts were server resources are scarce. I have done some research and will be working on an Avery PDF shipping label extension to get my feet wet, so to speak.

    in reply to: Template Customizer not showing for cmap #360459
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Natasha

    cMap version 5.0 and new support the new Template Customizer. You need to update cMap. You can download your update from your purchase history.

    You can update by going to the Plugins admin page and deactivating and deleting the cMap template. You data is safe. Now you can install the new version.

    After you update, I suggest you go to the Connections : Settings admin page and activate your support license for cMap under the Licenses tab. After you do, you will be able to update cMap in your admin with a single click.

    Hope that helps, please let me know.

    in reply to: renewed license #360424
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lena

    I manually deactivated the site your license was activated on. It was activated on what appear to be a site which no longer exists. You should now be able to activate the license on your current site.

    Hope that helps, please let me know.

    in reply to: Visited link changing color #360415
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Show Categories by Root Parent #360413
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    re: when I go to Purchase History I can get to and download the CCO file but I do not find any license key for the plugin.

    I corrected your licenses to include CCO.

    re: Here is the current structure for the categories that I want to use for this.

    Can you do me a favor? Can you Export your categories on the Connections : Tools admin page under the Export tab? After you export the categories the filename will have a .csv, change this to .txt that way you will be able to add it as an attachment.

    Also, I need to know the desired order. Use this entry as an example.

    re: After a while, on the Plugins page of my dashboard, I see that a newer version of the plugin is available.I install the newer version, version 1.4. The category order capability disappears. I deactivate the CCO plugin and it disappears entirely from the Plugins page of my dashboard.

    Very, very, very odd. there are only two extensions for Connections at version 1.4, they are Contact and SiteShot. I wonder if the licensing is somehow being confused or maybe something from wp.org is being confused… When you see this popup as an update again, I’ll need a temp admin account so I can take a look to see what update is being reported as an update. I did check and I can not replicate this on my test site.

    in reply to: Show Categories by Root Parent #360320
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    Ok, so now I’m a little confused. Is it like you want now?

    If you do not see the option to edit the order then it sounds like the extension (plugin) is not active. The support license key being input/activated would not affect the ordering functionality, it enables the ability to support in admin updates when I release updates so they do not need manually updated.

    in reply to: Presale Questions #360319
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chip

    re: Before a directory listing is submitted, can you require payment via paypal?

    Sorry, no. Other users use memberships plugins like Restrict Content Pro to manage user memberships. Using a membership plugin gives you greater flexibility in being able to monetize your site. You can use them to limit access to the directory therefore limiting access to be able to submit an entry.

    re: Reading the documentation, it looks as though you can require login to the site prior to having access to the form. With that option enabled, after a user submits a directory listing via the form, is possible for the user to edit that directory listing?

    Yes, but you need the Link extension too.

    Hope that answers your question thoroughly.

    in reply to: Directory Printing #360318
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rodney

    I’m going to reply here rather than the email sent thru the contact form…

    Sorry, no, this plugin can not create a nice print ready PDF of the directory. Another user looking into this will likely be using the CSV export tool and then using Excel and Word to do a mail merge to create a PDF from a Word doc.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,621 through 6,630 (of 15,332 total)