BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,611 through 8,620 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: print family page map #331223
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    re: Where do I put that short code?

    Same page using the same shortcode… you add shortcode options to the shortcode, you do not add additional shortcode to add a new option. Make sense?

    All the shortcode options for Tile Plus can be found here.

    As you see, there are lots of options you can use to tweak the template.

    To turn off search and pagination and the category filter in addition to showing the addresses, you would use:

    [connections show_addresses='TRUE' enable_category_select='FALSE' enable_pagination='FALSE' enable_search='FALSE']

    I hope the advanced shortcode option features are starting to make sense to you now.

    in reply to: shortcode template over ride #331220
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    You can use the template override on any page, like the print page, like so:

    [connections template='tile-plus']

    Like all the other shortcode options, you can combine them into a single shortcode, like so:

    [connections template='tile-plus' show_addresses=true]

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: print family page map #331218
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    re: it still shows the view all, select category, search and alpha index at top. how or where are those items so i can put do not print? thanks

    re: and the numbers of pages at end of each section.

    The other user had created a private page, just them the admins to make PDFs with pagination, search and category filtering disabled.

    re: i also looked at the tile plus. it would get more to a page but it doesn’t show address. is there a way to add address to that template?

    Tile Plus can be configured to show addresses by using the following shortcode:

    [connections show_addresses=true]

    With addresses showing it is very likely you will need to increase the tile size.

    Hope that helps you further.

    in reply to: unable to upload images #331217
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    Thanks! I downloaded and installed and activated it… I’m still able to upload images. To clarify, we are talking about uploading images to an entry, correct? I only saw image related setting within Classifieds and it seems to work fine set to on or off. I see nothing in the plugin that would raise a flag about compatibility conflicts as its a rather simple plugin for the most part.

    I’d be happy to further debug this but I’d need a temp admin account so I can see the issue first hand.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Erik

    I apologize, this is a bug. I’ll be releasing Widget Pack 2.0 this week which basically is a complete rewrite. One of the many, many, changes was addressing this bug.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynsey

    The simplest is not to enter anything in those fields and they will not be displayed. That said these fields can also be disabled from being displayed by using shortcodes that Slim Plus enables. Here’s what you would use:

    [connections show_title='FALSE' show_org='FALSE']

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Organize by organization #331115
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Doug

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I truly would appreciate a review as they really, really, do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: print family page map #331092
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cheryl

    My best guess is that it seems you might also have to add all the CSS from the cmap.css file too.

    in reply to: Not ordered properly #331083
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Phil

    I see… easy to overlook when your looking for a muck larger/noticeable sorting issue.

    I’ll need a temp admin account to take a closer look to see what is happening with the query.

    in reply to: Forms extension #331082
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mel

    I’m think the Form extension will not sure your requirements. It is designed to be a plug and play than a custom form tool. I fear it may not have enough configuration options.

    What can be done…

    The option to allow the user to choose the entry type can be disabled.

    • The default entry type can be set as an Organization.
    • All fieldsets can be disabled except the Org name (name of the band or artist),
      Links (a link to their website) and Bio (a description).
    • The the Say What? plugin can be used to change Organization to Artist or Band Name, to Description.

    What this would leave, the Department Name and Contact Name would still be visible, these could be hidden with CSS. Lastly, The Links fieldset allows multiple, not just one link to be added.

    This gets you pretty close. I guess if it is close enough, you’ll have to decide.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,611 through 8,620 (of 15,332 total)