Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jay
re: If If I disable the Contact extension do I lose the directory form submit functionality as well?
No, they operate separately from each other. Contact sole purpose is to secure the user’s email address by not permitting it to be displayed but still allow visitors to contact your entries via the contact form.
Since Form will still be active after you deactivate Contact, your site visitors will still be able to submit entries to the directory.
Hope that make sense and helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Murray
You do not need to create the logins… let the users register, when they register, WP will create the logins. I will not be adding an alternate way of managing users so they can edit entries when WP already has a built in, proven and secure method to manage users.
Hope that makes sense and helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ George
Actually there is a way to do this already ready that is update safe that can be used by templates and extensions that does not add the weight of another db query. First, install the Code Snippets plugin.
Add a new snippet with the following code:
function cn_add_address_types( $options ) { $options['headquarters'] = __( 'Headquarters' , 'connections' ); // You can also remove those you do not require. // Remove the '//' in front of 'unset' to remove the "Other" address type. //unset( $options['other'] ); return $options; } add_filter( 'cn_address_options', 'cn_add_address_types' );You would add another snippet for the change you need to date types:
function cn_add_date_types( $options ) { $options['new_date_type'] = __( 'New Date Type' , 'connections' ); return $options; } add_filter( 'cn_date_options', 'cn_add_date_types' );Hope that helps! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference! https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
-
This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by
Steven Zahm. Reason: Correct code
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ David
It appears what you need to make sure to do is add the Market’s CSS file to script/plugin that is doing the minification. This is the file:
../wp-content/plugins/market/market.min.cssAfter you do, you’ll need to flush your CDN cache and then wait as it can take time for the CDN caches to propagate.
After you do that, it should display fine.
If you choose a category, you’ll notice that it displays fine, that is because the site is not serving the minified files when query vars are being used. That’s how I know you need to make sure the Market CSS needs to be added to the minified file.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rocky
You need to add a bit of javascript to the
slim-plus.jsand slim-plus.min.js` file. This SO page shows basically what you need to do:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18564205/html-submit-form-on-radio-button-check
The code should be (I think) this:
$('#slim-plus input[name="cn-cat"]').change(function(){ $('#cn-slim-plus .cn-form').submit(); });05/13/2015 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Category sort doesn't seem to be sorting by custom category number #334141Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kelly
Great to hear!
If you have a moment. I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
05/13/2015 at 1:54 pm in reply to: Category sort doesn't seem to be sorting by custom category number #334138Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kelly
I don’t think I understand… why will not the example number 2 given of the doc page work for you? You can order the entries in the exact order that you want them to be displayed.
Example:
Assuming ID for:
President = 5
Vice President = 401
Secretary = 10
Historian = 36
Trustee = 66[connections id='5,401,10,36,66' order_by='id|SPECIFIED']The above shortcode would order them exactly in order as listed in the
idshortcode option.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Murray
No, their are no issues with that.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
Yes, that would be helpful… otherwise, I’m just making guesses.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Rocky
Great to hear!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
-
This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts
