BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,361 through 8,370 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dependent drop downs #334331
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Darren

    Technically chained selects are possible, but this feature is not built in and would need custom coded.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MeesterExecuteurs

    Change this:

    <div class="cn-entry" style="-moz-border-radius:4px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border:1px solid #E3E3E3; color: #000000; margin:8px 0px; padding:6px; position: relative;">
    
            <span style="float: <?php echo is_rtl() ? 'right' : 'left'; ?>; margin-right: 10px;"><?php $entry->getImage( array( 'preset' => 'profile' ) ); ?></span>
    
            <div style="margin-left: 10px;">
                <span style="font-size:larger;font-variant: small-caps"><strong><?php $entry->getNameBlock(); ?></strong></span>
                <div style="margin-bottom: 20px;">
                    <?php $entry->getTitleBlock() ?>
                    <?php $entry->getOrgUnitBlock(); ?>
                </div>
                <?php echo $entry->getBioBlock(); ?>
            </div>
    
    
        <div style="clear:both"></div>
    </div>
    

    to this:

    <div class="cn-entry" style="-moz-border-radius:4px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border:1px solid #E3E3E3; color: #000000; margin:8px 0px; padding:6px; position: relative;">
    
        <table>
            <tr>
                <td><span><?php $entry->getImage( array( 'preset' => 'profile' ) ); ?></span></td>
                <td>
                    <div style="margin-left: 10px;">
                        <span style="font-size:larger;font-variant: small-caps"><strong><?php $entry->getNameBlock(); ?></strong></span>
                        <div style="margin-bottom: 20px;">
                            <?php $entry->getTitleBlock() ?>
                            <?php $entry->getOrgUnitBlock(); ?>
                        </div>
                        <?php echo $entry->getBioBlock(); ?>
                    </div>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    
    </div>
    

    I think that do what you want with tables.

    in reply to: Types as data fields instead of hardcoded #334324
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    No problem!

    in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334314
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    Have you verified that WP is sending emails? Form just uses the core WP email functions to send emails. So, basically this means if Form can not send emails, it is because WP can not.

    in reply to: Not bumping down to the bottom of the page? #334311
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kelly

    You can use two pages… I’ll try to explain…

    Create a “results” page. The name is unimportant but I recommend something that “makes sense”.

    On this new page, add only the [connections] shortcode, not options.

    Set the “results” page to be the directory home page on the Connections : Settings admin page under the General tab.

    Now, on this page, change the shortcode to include the force_home shortcode option. If you have other options set in the shortcode, you would add this option to that shortcode, you would not add the shortcode a second time.

    The shortcode will look something like this:

    [connections force_home='TRUE']

    After you’ve completed these steps, when you click on an entry name, the link will go to the “results” page.

    Hope that makes sense!

    in reply to: Connections Database started showing "no results" #334284
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Don’t know what to tell you… It seems to work fine…

    I logged in. I found only one page with the shortcode. It was only [connections]. When I viewed the page, I saw all the entries, not a no results message.

    I figure the shortcode was changed… I changed to [connections category='7,8,9,10,11,12' exclude_category='1,2,3,4,5,6' template="excerpt-plus" str_select='Select Sites' str_select_all='Show All Sites' connections link='false' str_read_more='' enable_pagination='false']. When I viewed the page, it was fine, displaying exactly as I would expect. I did not get a no results message.

    When are you receiving the message? Just when you’re logged in? The page seems to be public, when I visit, not logged in, it still shows up fine.

    in reply to: View Source shows full email #334280
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jay

    Sorry, definitely a bug with the template. I’ve identified the issue and fixed it. I will try to release a bug fix as soon as possible.

    in reply to: Category management not visibile #334278
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    Can you try deactivating and reactivating Connections? Also, do you have Connections version 8.2.7 installed?

    in reply to: Types as data fields instead of hardcoded #334275
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    Yeah, a copy/paste error on my part… that trailing comma in the first line of the function should be a semi-colon. Here are corrected snippets:

    Address:

    function cn_add_address_types( $options ) {
    
        $options['headquarters'] = __( 'Headquarters' , 'connections' );
    
        // You can also remove those you do not require.
        // Remove the '//' in front of 'unset' to remove the "Other" address type.
        //unset( $options['other'] );
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_address_options', 'cn_add_address_types' );
    

    Date:

    function cn_add_date_types( $options ) {
    
        $options['new_date_type'] = __( 'New Date Type' , 'connections' );
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_date_options', 'cn_add_date_types' );
    
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by Steven Zahm. Reason: Correct code
    in reply to: Connections Database started showing "no results" #334243
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    I did receive the email, but I did not receive the login details. I attempted to reset the password, guessing the email address used for the account. I received confirmation that a password reset email was sent, but I have not received that either.

    Could you please send the login details via the Contact link at the bottom of the page? Please paste a link in the message to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,361 through 8,370 (of 15,332 total)