BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,351 through 8,360 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334410
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    I just added my directory entry. I did receive the email from Form stating “Thank you for your directory submission. We will review it and contact you with any issues.” as expected.

    So far so good…

    in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334409
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    I didn’t receive the email, so I registered. Please let me know when you elevate privileges.

    in reply to: Unable to Add New Entries #334408
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sean

    True, the doc would not make that clear as to the fix you needed but in the context in which most use Connections adding the shortcode to the directory home page page is all that is ever needed. I can see your planning a more “advanced” setup judging by the “deep” link into the Connections category that is in the nav menu.

    If you need any other assistance, please let me know.

    in reply to: Unable to Add New Entries #334404
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sean

    The best I can tell at this point is that the [connections] shortcode is not on this page:

    http://rollingtoga.com/dev/directory/

    Can you confirm you have the shortcode on this page?

    in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334403
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    Ok, then. There must be something unique to your setup which is causing the failure. I’ll need admin access to si can debug. Login details can be sent using the Contact link below. Please paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: How To Filter Income Levels / Education Levels etc #334402
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jessica

    I was about to say “sorry, no”; when it occurred to me that it is possible… sort of. You can order by the income level by adding this to the shortcode order_by='meta_key:income_level|NUMERIC_DESC'

    Will that help?

    in reply to: Connections Database started showing "no results" #334401
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Thanks you too! One last thing though…

    I expect that you will encounter this again. I suspect the issue is similar to this issue with s2member. My guess is that WPC must “reset” custom capabilities to assigned to it custom roles on plugin updates. This removes the ability for you clients to view public entries which is why you would see the no results message when login as a client.

    If this is what is happening, unfortunately, there nothing I can do to fix it.

    What can you do…

    If this happens again, go to the Connections : Roles admin page, check the “Reset All Role Capabilities” box on the right and then click the Update button. This will run a function which will add the default custom capabilities Connections requires back to all roles.

    If you can let me know if you have to do this process after an update to WPC, please let me know so I can write a FAQ about it.

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thank in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: FORM not sending Email Notifications #334375
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rick

    Any you are getting success messages, right? Oh, wait, how are you testing? As a test, log out and submit an entry. Do you get an email?

    in reply to: Connections Database started showing "no results" #334374
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Oh, ok, now this is making more sense… I think. I am not at all familiar with WPC. Never heard of it actually. That said, I didn’t even look at those admin pages. Now that I did… even though I am not quite show how it works, I bet I know what the issue is.

    See if you can view entries now when logged in as a client. Crossing my fingers, I bet it is fixed, right?

    in reply to: Ultimate Member Conflict #334373
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robin

    From what I can tell, it seems they include their own version of the jQuery Form plugin which handles AJAX form submissions rather than use the version bundled with WordPress like Form does. Fortunately a small tweak to Form can be made which actually is an improvement and not a hacky work around will fix this plugin conflict. I’ll try to push out an update asap. I just need to do more testing to make sure this tiny tweak doesn’t actually break anything.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,351 through 8,360 (of 15,332 total)