BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,251 through 8,260 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Fatal error on page load after plugin update #336122
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kellie

    Sounds like you have an really old version of cMap… guessing version 2.x because that function has not existed for 2 years (around abouts). Current version is 4.1, you’re going to have to update it.

    in reply to: directory not viewable after version update #336105
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    When I visit the page… I see the page and interact with it just fine, multiple browsers, mobile phone too. They isn’t any way we could be looking at different pages using the same URL is there? As maybe I’m viewing a “public” version where as you are viewing a “private/dev” version. This is the link I’m visiting:

    http://visiteldorado2.wpengine.com/stay/

    in reply to: CSV Import – Blank Page result #336104
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    Parse button… you must be using a old version, that hasn’t existed in a year and a half (ish). You should update the extension. Current version is 1.2. Which version do you have installed?

    in reply to: Logo #336054
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roy

    It took me awhile navigating your site to figure out where Connections was being used… if you could provide direct URLs to the page in the future, that would save me a lot of time. Thanks!

    http://adsai.co/connections/

    Looking at this page I see you’ve setup the Names template to be used by default and you are using the Single Entry Template option. The later template seems to be set to the Default Entry Card template. Go to the Connections : Template admin page, click the Individual template type (at the top left of the page) and activate the cMap template. Do the same for the Organization template type.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Category Font #336053
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    .home .widget_cnw_categories {
      font-weight: bold;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: CSV Import – Blank Page result #336052
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    I’ve imported the attached CSV file multiple times on my test installs, all with no issue. Just to clarify… the issue you are experiencing is you get a white screen when you click the map button? Have you reviewed the PHP error logs to see if PHP logged any errors that might be of help?

    in reply to: link for picture #336044
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ron

    Neither change is straightforward as each would require editing the template files.

    The easiest solution for the first question is to manually add the link to each entry. Using code, here’s how. Edit the card.php found here:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-tile-plus/

    Change this:

    $entry->getImage( array(
        'image'    => $atts['image'] ,
        'height'   => $atts['image_height'] ,
        'width'    => $atts['image_width'] ,
        'fallback' => array(
            'type'     => $atts['image_fallback'] ,
            'string'   => $atts['str_image']
            )
        )
    );
    

    To this:

    echo '<a href="' . $entry->permalink() . '">';
    
    $entry->getImage( array(
        'image'    => $atts['image'] ,
        'height'   => $atts['image_height'] ,
        'width'    => $atts['image_width'] ,
        'fallback' => array(
            'type'     => $atts['image_fallback'] ,
            'string'   => $atts['str_image']
            )
        )
    );
    
    echo '</a>';
    

    I think that should do it.

    The second question, I did answer for another user, in detail, the other day. Here’s the link. This was for the plain Tile template, not the Plus, but the same instructions would apply.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: directory not viewable after version update #336043
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    I just visited the page in several browsers… I can not see anything wrong. Maybe you need to force refresh your browser???

    in reply to: Color scheme and other questions #336041
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pascal

    re: How can I get Slim Plus to display things with colors I’d like ? I have noticed there is a color tag for Shortcode, but it seems to only affect names… Are the others colors coming from WP selected theme ?

    Yes, they are coming from the theme. The color shortcode only controls the name, underline and the background color for the drop arrow. Right now when I visit your site, the area behind the template is grey. This seems to be some type of setting on the page when you added it… my best guess.

    re: have tried to add some options to Shortcode (address formatting) but it doesn’t seem to work at all as it doesn’t change anything. What am I missing

    What is the change you are trying to make? What is the exact shortcode you are using? PLease copy/paste it in a reply.

    A quick tip, do not copy paste the shortcode options and values into the WP post editor. That will have unintended consequences unless pasted in the Text tab. I suggest manually typing them.

    **re: In Connections categories, one can define a name, a “slug” and then there is free HTML editor at the bottom. What is this one used for ? **

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page, click the Display tab and enable the Category Description option. Now when you select the category from the drop down, whatever is typed in that HTML box will be displayed above the entries within that category.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: Excerpt open by default #336040
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    This is possible but requires editing the excerpt-plus.js file. Open it and remove this:

    // As the page is rendered the excerpt is hidden via the CSS style. Hide the details and show the excerpt.
    $('.cn-hide').css('display', 'none');
    $('.cn-excerpt').css('display', 'block');
    
    $('h3.cn-accordion-item,span.cn-show-more').click( function() {
        var $this = $(this);
        var uuid = $this.attr('data-uuid');
    
        if ( $( '#cn-detail-' + uuid ).css('display') == 'block' ) {
    
            // Hide detail; show excerpt.
            $( '#cn-detail-' + uuid ).slideUp( 1000, function() {
                $( '#cn-excerpt-' + uuid ).fadeIn(1000);
                $( '#cn-toggle-' + uuid ).toggleClass('cn-open');
            });
    
        } else {
    
            // Hide excerpt; show detail.
            $( '#cn-excerpt-' + uuid ).fadeOut( 1000, function() {
                $( '#cn-detail-' + uuid ).slideDown(1000);
                $( '#cn-toggle-' + uuid ).toggleClass('cn-open');
            });
        }
    
    });
    

    Instead of overwriting the original file, drop it in this folder (you’ll have to create it):

    ../wp-content/uploads/connections-templates/excerpt-plus/

    Name the file as: excerpt-plus.min.js

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,251 through 8,260 (of 15,332 total)