BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,181 through 8,190 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Problems with drilling down after filter #337020
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ James

    re: That link is http://www.comhlamh.org/volops-directory/?cn-s=&cn-cat%5B%5D=40&cn-pg=1 When you go there, and you try and click on the numbered pages at the bottom it goes no where.

    Remove the &cn-pg=1 from the menu URL. Sine that is in the URL, it is overriding the pagination permalinks.

    re: Also, when you click on the letters at the top, via the a,b,c etc it just returns to the root of the drill down rather than giving an alphabetical return within the category of “all signatories of the code.”

    Is this a bug or just the way it is?

    Sorry, but yes, that is the way it is. It is not a bug.

    in reply to: CSV Category Import #337018
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mel

    Sincerest apologies! I missed that you posted a followup question.

    Sorry, but no, but I am still not clear on what you are trying to do…

    Each row in the CSV should be of the entry info. One of those columns can contain the category information. Here’s a very simple example:

    First Name, Last Name, Categories
    John, Doe, "Category One, Category Two, Category Three"
    Jane, Doe, "Category Two"
    Josh, Doe, "Category Two, Category Three"
    Jill, Doe, "Category One, Category Three"

    and so on…

    After you import the CSV, then you can go to the Connections : Category admin page and move the categories to the correct parent/child relationship.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: All Member Messages #337016
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Barbara

    re: Is there a way for an admin to post messages just for the members to see?

    Assuming members are registered WP users… sure, there are many plugin out there that allow you to post messages to your members (users). Maybe this one:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/popup-maker/

    I never used it but it sounds like it moight have the feature you need.

    re: Also how can I display a list of members by a certain category?

    Yes, you could “hard code” a category to be shown by using the category shortcode option. Is that what you are asking?

    in reply to: Member edit of individual entry? #337015
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Matthew

    Well, I can tell you that Connections does not have any redirection features built in so it must be another plugin that is configured to redirect to the My Account page. Perhaps you have a plugin installed to removes access to the admin and is setup to redirect to the My Account page. Not sure how much this answer helps, but I hope it does.

    in reply to: Member sign-up #337014
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marc

    For actually user registration, you’ll have to use a plugin like Registration Plus Redux. After a successful user registration they could be then be redirected to the page to submit their entry to the direct at which you could approve it (or have it setup that they do not require approval).

    You need at least Link, though I would recommend Form too that way it can be all done on the frontend. Both of these do as part of the Extension Pack.

    Hope that answers your question thoroughly.

    in reply to: download link #337003
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Barbara

    I just resent the sales confirmation email which will have a fresh download link. Tip, you can download your purchases from your purchase history too.

    in reply to: 500 error and No Connections Menu #337002
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    Indeed that is very odd… but that is the only thing I can come up with since it also affected other plugins… then again, I’m not a server guy either. If you do ever figure out the root issue, I’d love to know what it was and the fix.

    in reply to: 500 error and No Connections Menu #336958
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    Since the server is running II7, permissions needs set differently as you can not set folder permissions (at least not as currently configured) via FTP to 777 or any level for that matter.

    This issue is not Connections isolated… I installed several different debugging plugins I use and I could not use any of them due to the 403 and 500 errors. Examples, Code Snippets and Query Monitor (this one will crash the site when active, it has to be deleted via FTP).

    A quick Google search revealed that this might be the solution?
    http://sanuja.com/blog/resolving-iis-403-forbidden-access-is-denied

    That said, I was able to “fix” Connections. The issue seemed to be that something removed its custom role capabilities that it requires. OR. The installation partially failed due to the aforementioned server permissions issue and those capabilities were never added. At any rate, I was able to “force” install the role capabilities and Connections appears to function correctly for you now. This does not fix the root of the issue but at least you are moving forward now.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Would like listing to look like this #336880
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Matt

    That site is using the Market template. All you need to do setup wise is add the state as categories and when you add your entries, add them to the correct category.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: cmap columns #336875
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynn

    Let’s see…

    re: I tried to create a custom css template and tried uploading it everywhere noted in your post regarding custom css and uploading it to the server and it never worked. I wound up tweaking the actual code.php page which i know is a big no-no because when it updates I’ll lose all my codes! UGH! where do i actually upload this? to my themes/connections-template/cmap/ and if so, how do i activate it?

    Since it sounds like you might use the Gridder template instead, I’ll use that for the instructions.

    To make this a bit easier, copy the gridder.css file to this path:
    ../wp-content/uploads/connections-templates/gridder/

    The connections-templates folder will not exist in the uploads folder, so you will have to create it first.

    There’s nothing you need to do to activate the custom CSS file, it’ll automatically be used instead.

    Now with the file in that folder, you can tweak it as much as you want. Something to note, sometimes, due to server level file caching (if it exists) the change might not take effect immediately.

    re: If i can’t figure out how to make all this work i may have you do it for me!

    I do offer development services. If you want to put together a mockup or two, I can give you a quote.

    re: I know i must be really stupid staring at this for hours upon hours and i’m sure i’m on brain overload, but I can’t for my life figure out how to get the link to view profile to actually go to the profile page, it takes me to …/…/name/xxxxx and says oops nothing is there! What am i missing?

    Honestly, you’re fighting your server here. IIS6 is pretty dated.

    I see that .htaccess file must have been updated to remove the index.php. That is great as the URL are correct now. But now I think you have a different problem…

    It seems like you old site and your new WP installation on running on the same server. I’m guessing that the WP installation is in a folder named hunting-outfitters is that correct? If it is, then the change done to the htaccess file will need to be tweaked to account for that. What is happening is that the server is rerouting the links back to the old site and of course those links do not exist on the old site so that is why you are seeing the not found message.

    What change do you need to make to the htaccess to fix that, sorry, I’m not exactly sure since server config is out of my area of expertise. Unfortunately your host support may not be of much assistance either (at least in my experience).

    re: search for outfitter by species which is a category, right now i have category black bear hunting…
    this will show a list of paid outfitters who offer black bear hunts. Each outfitter pays a certain amount, the more they pay the higher they are at the top, which makes it impossible to have a long list one under the other… they have to be in columns.

    Just something to think about right now… by default the list will sort alphabetically. Connections does offer an order_by shortcode option to define other supported sort methods. There a new as of yet undocumented sort method which can be used to sort by a custom field. You will like have to use this to get the sorting your need.

    Another thing to note… your old site is not responsive so the number per row stays the same on every device no matter the screen size. The WP and Gridder are both responsive. What this means to you is on devices with smaller screens, you will end up with a list, but that should be desireable otherwise the entries to the right would not be visible to the user unless they finger scroll right.

    re: on the list of bear outfitters they can see photo/details (bio)/photo gallery/videos/ etc. of each outfitter based on what the outfitter paid for…

    I think… no matter the template you settle on, it’ll need to be customized to get exactly what you want.

    re: Also, in the notes section is there a way to embed youtube video channel?

    I’m not entirely sure about a “channel” but, yes, Youtube videos can be embedded in the notes. Here’s a FAQ.

    re: sorry this should say, they have links to: details (bio) with at least 8 photos (now set as bio/ a link to separate photo gallery which i’ve created and used a shortcode in notes/videos that of which i can’t figure out how to get my shortcode to work in notes and i really need a link that says, go to company listing which will have all the above on it!

    I am having trouble visualizing what you want. Maybe you could create a couple mockups to show it?

Viewing 10 posts - 8,181 through 8,190 (of 15,332 total)