BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,171 through 8,180 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: cmap columns #337092
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynn

    Sorry, there so many replies I’m now kind of lost at to what actually needs answered now. I’ll do my best…

    re: ! must have certain items on the gridder panel where it shows, The phone, email and social media icons. What I actually need there is the Owner (outfitter) First & Last Name, phone number, website link View Profile. I know view profile is at the bottom but I really need it at the top.

    This can only be accomplished by editing the template’s PHP file.

    re: All of that being said, where it says, view profile i will have to change that to say “View Hunt Information” I need it to link to a specific page within my site..

    Also, this can only be done by editing the template’s PHP file. Also, removing this will remove the ability to view the profile page?

    re: I need to do it like this because I cannot get all the details I need in your profile page.

    Why? I looked at a this page, http://75.103.85.206/andre-van-hiltens-willow-creek-outfitters/. It seems that could be included in the bio area of the profile page. I guess I do not understand the end goal.

    re: Steven, i think i’m almost there. i went back and read your message about custom links and i’m not quite sure where to put this;

    If i add these Will these then show up on the “add entry” form in admin?

    add_filters( ‘cn_link_options’, ‘cn_add_new_link_types’ );
    function cn_add_new_link_types( $options ) {
    $options[‘new_one’] = ‘New One’;
    $options[‘new_two’] = ‘New Two’;
    return $options;
    }

    You need to install the Code Snippets plugin to add the filter. Rather than repeat the instructions, they are in this reply.

    After you have successfully added the filter, yes, that will show up on the “add entry” form in admin.

    re: Okay so i went into admin and added additional links but they all say Website:

    The links you added were added as the Website link type. You should select your custom link types added by the filter. The the correct labels will be displayed.

    in reply to: need selection help #337086
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Tom

    re: Ability for business to sign up online by selecting different packages? Thus giving them multiple levels. IE simple listing, listing with links to website etc.

    Sorry, no, not built in.

    re: Large space for a lot of text and a few images in the main view of the business listing.

    The bio field has no practical text limit… so yes.

    re: Ability to feature a few businesses on a page that rotates on load.

    This could be dome with the List widget in the Widget Pack. However, no on page load. the list is random per visit and they would see the same random list for up to an hour before the list is re-randomized. (Note: the random feature of the widget has not yet been released. It is complete and will be released in about a week.

    Hoe that answers your questions thoroughly.

    in reply to: changing/adding languages to language extention #337085
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    These can be added via a filter. Install the Code Snippets plugin, then add a new snippet with the following code:

    add_filter( 'cn_languages_options', 'cnl_add_more_languages' );
    
    function cnl_add_more_languages( $options ) {
    
        $options['slv'] = 'Slovenian';
        $options['ind'] = 'Indonesian';
        $options['fil'] = 'Filipino';
    
        return $options;
    }
    

    I just also added these to the supported languages, so they will be in the next update.

    in reply to: Member edit of individual entry? #337083
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Matthew

    From the screenshot you really should not give the subscriber the view dashboard and view list capabilities. With that, any subscriber could edit any entry.

    As far as your redirect issue… that I’m sorry to say, that is impossible for me to answer since Connections does not do any redirecting. If you are logged in as a subscriber user and you enter this URL:

    https://www.wbccc.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=connections_link

    and you are redirected to:

    https://www.wbccc.org/my-account

    That is being done by something other than Connections.

    If you give me an admin and subscriber user account, I’ll take a quick look.

    in reply to: download link #337075
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Barbara

    I can, but your previous purchase of cMap was in 2013 which now has an expired support license. If I refund the purchase from 6/9 you will no longer receive support and updates because I will also have to revoke the support license key.

    You can renew the support license key of the 2013 purchase at a 20% discount when you log into your purchase history, there will be a renew link that you can click on to receive that discount.

    I would like to confirm how you’d like to move forward before processing the refund.

    in reply to: Randomize list #337073
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sue

    Sorry, not presently. Since this is a good idea, I just added the feature to the new List widget. I added a checkbox for randomization. I’ll try to get this released in the next week.

    in reply to: Expanding bios makes my page jump to the top #337071
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynn

    My reply to Adrienne applies to you too… however the only page that I’m aware for you directory is here:

    http://www.abhunting.com/hunting-outfitters/index.php/black-bear-hunting-alberta-canada/

    And this page is working like it should.

    in reply to: Expanding bios makes my page jump to the top #337070
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adrienne

    The primary reason this would occur is if there is a fatal javascript error. The source of the error would very likely be the theme or another plugin. You can view the javascript errors by loading the page in Chrome, hitting the F12 key and then clicking the Console tab.

    The file name, and/or file path of the the file causing the error just about always indicates the source of the error.

    Without a link to the page with the issue the is the best answer I can give you. If you share the link to the page, I’ll take a look.

    in reply to: Category drop down not displaying #337069
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    It appears you are using the core Default Entry template. This template does not support the category drop down. You need one of the templates featured on this page that support the category drop down.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Form choose wrong address, phone and e-mail #337022
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    It took me digging thru my email which took quite a bit of time… please share the link of the page with the issue when posting a support question. Thanks!

    For my reference:
    http://www.handelsplatsnorsjo.se/foretag-connections/

    Looking over your previous support requests I see I gave CSS to hide options in Form… the default for an address is Home which is why you see Hem in cMap.

    Probably the easiest solution is to hide the address type label on cMap. Remove the %label% from the addr_format shortcode option one the page.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,171 through 8,180 (of 15,332 total)