BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,041 through 8,050 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: show full listing in directory #338813
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ DAvid

    That does sound like exactly how it should be… shows an excerpt until the title is clicked. You can change the length of the excerpt to a large number so it will not be trimmed like this:

    [connections excerpt_length=9999]

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: "email entry" #338809
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chris

    I was going to answer yes and give instructions… I did like to test my instruction real quick before I give them and when I went to test I find a couple problems. That said…

    I fixed the problems. You’ll need to update to Contact 1.3.1, not yet released, and Connections 8.3 also not yet released. Contact will be released within the next few days and Connections in a week or two.

    What you can do in the meantime to prepare for these releases is read this QuickTip. You’ll want to add a new text change with the following settings:

    Original string: Email Entry
    Text domain: connections_contact
    New string: Email Member

    If you do this ahead of time and update to these new version as they are released, it’ll automatically just start working.

    Apologies for the delay, but I hope this helps!

    in reply to: A-Z #338804
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nial

    This is a built in feature which can be enabled on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display. You want to enable the Character Index option.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Links Are All Now 404's #338803
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Its great to hear that the update resolved the issue. I did spend a lot of time on testing the change to the bio and notes fields. Apologies for the trouble and inconvenience this has caused you.

    in reply to: Links Are All Now 404's #338772
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    fyi, version 8.2.10 which contains the fix will be available in less than hour. After you update, please let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

    in reply to: Images not displaying correctly after update #338771
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rae Moore-Beard

    fyi, version 8.2.10 which contains the fix will be available in less than hour. After you update, please let me know if you continue to expierence this issue.

    in reply to: Images not displaying correctly after update #338706
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rae Moore-Beard

    I will be releasing an update later today that will fix this bug. Look for release 8.2.10. If you’d like I can apply a “hotfix” immediately. All I would need is a temp admin account.

    in reply to: Links Are All Now 404's #338703
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Oh, I see! Yes, this is a bug which I’m releasing a high priority update for later today. In 8.2.9 I added support for oEmbed which required changing up how the bio and notes fields are saved and displayed. This changed also brought with it quite a bit of a performance improvement when displaying those fields. Any way, I should have been saving the content for those fields in the db “unslashed” but was not, that’s the bug. Of course I missed this when doing my testing of these changes. The fix included in this release should ensure those fields are unslashed before being displayed.

    If you’d like, I could apply a “hotfix” immediately to make sure my fix does indeed solve the issue. All I would need is a temp admin login to make a very small edit to one of the PHP files.

    in reply to: custom fields? #338702
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ James

    Yes, that is possible. This is pretty complex. You can hook into the cn_search_results and write you own custom search query that searches the custom meta table. Your custom search queries need to return the entry ID and add them to the one supplied by the filter.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Categories on main page #338697
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alicia

    Sorry, no. Many of the templates sold here have a user search category drop down. There is also the Widget Pack. It contain a configurable Category widget that can be placed in the theme’s sidebar.

    What you could do…

    The Widget Pack also allows you to use the widgets as shortcodes. To do this you would add the Category widget to the Connections Widget Shortcode Sidebar, configure it and click save. After you click save, you will be given a shortcode that you can place on any page.

    You would create a “Categories” page and add that shortcode to it. On the directory page you would use the standard [connections] shortcode and set that page as the directory home page.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,041 through 8,050 (of 15,332 total)