BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,371 through 7,380 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Interrupted import #348055
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ christian

    re: I seem to freeze every 1k or so.

    hmmm… that is indicative of a background PHP error. If the server responds with an error instead of the expected reply, the javascript which processes the chunk importing will stop.

    Suggestion would be to make sure all PHP error reporting is either disabled or logged, my preference is the latter. Best practices dictate all PHP error reporting be suppressed on a production site so it does not expose potentially sensitive server info.

    It is possible the error was logged, it may be worthwhile to look in the PHP error log to see if there seems to be anything related to the import.

    in reply to: Problem uploading images #348054
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jim

    Alrighty, just let me know.

    in reply to: Interrupted import #348051
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ christian

    It’s been awhile since I’ve since my last import of this size… it does take quite a bit of time especially on shared hosts because they will throttle CPU utilization. Honestly, when I start one this large, I leave the browser window open and do something else.

    in reply to: text color #348045
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    re: how can we change the color of the text : name, first name?

    Here’s the link to the docs that explain how to do this.

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/slim-plus/#How_do_I_change_the_color_from_blue

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Conflict with Headway theme 3.8.3? #348021
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kim

    re: Would a pagination template help with the site loading so slow? I’ll look into that.

    It would certainly vastly improve the page load speed of the directory page. It would not affect the page load times on any other pages though. But they seems fine to me anyway.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Russell

    re: I need to disable things like the title for the biography section\

    I see you figured out how to do this…

    re: and the file path at the top of the profile display page.

    This is for SEO but it can be easily disabled. Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the SEO tab. Disable the Page title option.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Interrupted import #348019
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ christian

    I tested importing about 30k entries in a single CSV file on a shared host (Bluehost) and it imported without issue. The only real limitation at this point is server resources provided by the web host. When I do imports or others, as freelance work, I usually break the CSV file in 10k chunks.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    Right the slug is not editable. This can only be changed directly in the db or you can click the Copy action link on the entry you want of change the slug. This will create a duplicate entry that when saved will have a new slug created. Of course you’ll have to delete the old duplicate and then update your CSV entry ID.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Conflict with Headway theme 3.8.3? #347964
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kim

    Settings define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); in the wp-config.php file seems to have done the trick. fyi, you have to add options before the if ( !defined('ABSPATH') ) line otherwise they will have no effect.

    Also, I see that you are listing 478 entries on your directory page… I highly recommend you purchase a template with pagination support. You are going to keep running into server resource issues otherwise. This is not a bug or limitation in Connections, the same would occur if you tried to list that many WordPress posts on a single page too.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: physician referral service #347962
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    Thanks!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

Viewing 10 posts - 7,371 through 7,380 (of 15,332 total)