BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,361 through 7,370 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Repeated text when displaying single entries #348238
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    I just released version 8.4.5 which removes the need to use the home_id option in your setup… you static text will no longer be shown on the individual entry detail page nor will duplicate entries be shown if the user has entered the shortcode on the directory page more than once.

    in reply to: Colour of Font on Form #348222
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephen

    I just took a look, seems you have it sorted… the text was black when I visited the page just now.

    in reply to: Username import? #348211
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ GC Elfun

    You need to use a CSV user import plugin to import users into WordPress. The CSV Import does not create WP users. To link WP users to Connections you need the Link extension. The linking happens quietly in the background when the user logs in.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Username import? #348186
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ GC Elfun

    Sorry, but Connections does not have a field to import a WP username. Why do you want to import that into Connections?

    in reply to: Problem uploading images #348185
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jim

    Connections does use the rename() function, but only to move the images from the legacy folder to the current folder structure. Now, that said, core WordPress does use it too, in the wp_handle_upload() function which is what Connections uses process upload images… but the rename() would only be used in the wp_handle_upload() if the upload action var was changed from its default which is not the case so it do not think that rename() is being used at all in this case.

    After looking at the other functions, I did not think any of those were being used and I verified by searching the code source. The only one I found is the exec() function in an unused email verification function so it does not apply.

    So… I’m at a loss why any of those would cause the issue when disabled. Even still, why would any of those being disabled strip those two backslashes from the file path??? Very strange indeed.

    in reply to: Interrupted import #348184
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ christian

    I didn’t get the copy of the CSV file and the FTP login does not seem to be working. Please contact me using the Contact link at the very bottom of this page and we’ll get this resoved over email rather than the forum.

    in reply to: text color #348183
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    The theme is overriding the color for the text. To set it to purple add this to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-slim-plus h3 a {
        color:#660066;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Interrupted import #348108
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ christian

    Hmmm… nothing I can think of. If I can get a copy of the CSV file, a temp WP admin account and an FTP login I’ll take a look and see what might be the issue.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    Well, name changes aren’t frequent I would image that the copy/change name/save would be workable. Yes?

    in reply to: Customizing Templates #348057
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Nicolas

    re: However, I would like to have more control than that. Is there a templating system for this?

    More control over what precisely? The link, the single entry profile page?

Viewing 10 posts - 7,361 through 7,370 (of 15,332 total)