Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dirk
re: Is there a way to export all of the records and fields that the user has permission to view in a file with multiple vcf records?
Sorry, no. The admin can do address exports as CSV files. Go to the Connections : Tools admin page. You’ll find it under the Export tab.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ concoa
re: How do I set the individual pages?
You do not, Connections does this.
re: I made a child page with the slug “name” and in the body I placed [connections list_type='individual']
Delete this page… it’ll cause you headaches because the WordPress page will take priority and not display the single entry. This is also why it displays all the entries.
re: I created a page named “Resident Directory” and in the body I placed [connections list_type='family']
I suggest removing
list_type='family'from the shortcode.re: Additionally, I do have the Settings / Display / Single Entry / Template enabled.
I suggest disabling this option.
re: How do I change the label on the page from “Categories” to “Neighborhood”?
See this QuickTip on changing text in Connections.
The original string will be:
Categories:re: In Connections “Templates”, I selected “All” and (after clicking around) selected “Default Entry Card 3.0”.
I recommend going back to the Connections : Templates admin page and activating the Default Entry card template under “All”, “Individual” and “Organization”.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
KeymasterSteven Zahm
Keymaster@ georges
Just past the code where you want the categories to be displayed in the
card.phpfile for Slim Plus.Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bethany
re: It is possible to make the “View All” button take me back to: http://ciac-lsu.org/?page_id=2501?
Sorry, no, that is a special reserved link dedicated for the http://ciac-lsu.org/?page_id=2501&cn-view=all page it can not be changed. Sorry!
One possible options that other uses from time to time…
If the theme has a button shortcode, most seem to nowadays, you can use the button shortcode using the URL for your directory page. Put it above the
[connections]shortcode.Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dirk
It is the first screenshot in this post:
The second is of the settings admin page.
If you are referring to the print output, no, I do not have a screenshot. It is just a simple table.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MichFM
No problem!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dirk
The List View template does have a Print and PDF option. Most, but not all the fields listed are available. This template is still unreleased, officially.
The fields it covers are listed in these posts:
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/auto-create-contact-sheet/#post-337953
- http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/auto-create-contact-sheet/#post-338119
A couple screenshots in this post:
How to use it as a template with pagination disabled oin this post
If you think this will meet your needs, it can be purchased on this page:
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jason
If you are not seeing the “Show All Categories” as the first option is is very likely that the theme or another plugin is throwing a fatal javascript error. This causes all scripts after the error not to run. You can check this by loading the page in Chrome, hitting F12 and then clicking the Console tab. All errors will be listed here. You can often identify the the source of the error by the filename list to the far right of the error. If the filename does not help, then if you mouse hover over the filename the file path will be displayed. The file path will tell you if it is the theme or which plugin in most cases.
If you share a link of the page having the issue, I’ll take a look and see if I can provide you with a solution.
Hope that helps, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bethany
Please see this FAQ. The relevant instructions, remove the
codeandpreHTML tags from around the shortcode.That should do it. Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
