Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jarred
re: I’m unable to find a mapping field for the options column you have mentioned above.
There is no “mapping” field. I was referencing the entry options table item in the database.
re: Are you able to point me in the right direction?
This is beyond what I can provide support for as it requires advanced knowledge of mysql during database inserts directly, sorry.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
re: how I can do to create a registration form, so that users can register to appear in my directory.
You need the Form extension.
Since you mentioned users… I going to assume you want them to be able to maintain their own entries, yes? If so, you’lll need the Link extension too.
Hope that answers your question thoroughly!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dedra
re: How do I get rid of the placeholder in the bio tray or replace it.
- Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.
- Click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template.
- Click the name of any entry, it does not matter which one but I suggest simply clicking the name of the first on in the list on the Customizer preview.
- After the preview loads of the single entry view. Navigate to the Image panel in the Customizer.
- Uncheck the Image Placeholder option.
- Click the Save and Publish button.
That said…
You seem to have configured Connections to use the Default Entry Card template for the single entry view rather than using the cMap template. I’m guessing this was unintentional. To disable this:
- Go to the Connections : Settings admin page.
- Click the Display tab
- Disable the Single Entry Template option.
- Click the Update button.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
re: However, is there a list of all the fields names?
In the example, one field is str_home_phone.
So I tried with str_work_phone but it didn’t work…
Is it the wrong field name?If this is in regards to the Excerpt Plus template, the accepted shortcode options can be found on its doc page.
That said, I recommend using the the method I referred you to in the QuickTip in my previous reply.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
re: Then I decided to rename this template to card-category-equipe.php so that it would only affect my page called “equipe” (this page only displays the members that have the equipe slug).
This template file will only be loaded when using a Connections permalink for a category, like so:
http://domain.tld/directory-home-page/cat/category-slug/The category slug must be a Connections category slug. It will not work from page slugs.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ gregory
re: but I can’t seem to get the import function to work.
Can you please be more specifc and provide details of what is not working?
re: Do I need to delete the current data first?
Yes, because you CSV file down not contain a column for the Entry ID (found on the Connections : Manage admin page). The Entry ID is required so the import knows which entry it is to update. Without that, importing the same CSV, even if it has changes will add them as new entries.
re; I have also attached a screen shot of the mapping showing the categories on the left but nowhere to map them to on the right.
I’m guessing the categories are all the all caps letters??? If that is the case, that is incorrect. All categories should be in a single column with each category separated by a comma. Like so:
‘BO,BI,ESI,EPE,PI,PPE,MI,MPE,RBO,RBI,RPI,RPE,FPI’
See this FAQ. Since you are using Excel, you do not add the quotes like it is mentioned in the FAQ.
Hope that helps.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bethany
Great to hear!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
Here’s another link for you… it explains how you can change the labels globally in Connections.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ georges
No problem!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Brian
Here’s a couple links for you that I think will answer you questions in detail.
re: I’d like to know if there’s a way to make small changes to the existing template?
re: Is it possible to style the existing template with css?
-
AuthorPosts
