BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,261 through 7,270 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Looking to set default height of name blocks #350042
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Russell

    Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    span.cn-gridder-overlay.cn-gridder-overlay-static {
        min-height: 125px;
    }
    

    That should do the trick.

    in reply to: Custom CSS not working on template #350041
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    The free core templates are a special case that I really should document! Without going into a long technical description of why, I’ll simply say that will not work. That said, I think, it work if you name the file to names.css. Can you give it a try and let me know?

    in reply to: 'Go back to directory' does not… #350039
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    The back link simply hooks into the browser back button. I can not think of a better way to handle this because how Connections can be split to be many directories on many pages so back becomes very relative. I’m very open to suggestions on this :)

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    re: I am getting error: An error occurred while updating Connections CSV Import: Update package not available.

    Hmmm… I just tested this the upgrading and it worked fine. Can you update other plugins without an errors?

    re: approving it does show it on the website, nor does it appear in lists in the admin area.

    Honestly hard to know what the issue could be from the description. Could I get a temp WP admin login so I can take a look?

    in reply to: Multiple Directories 1 site #349890
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Trisha

    Yes, it is possible. See this FAQ. It is for cMap but it will work the same for your template too.

    What I suggest is moving all your current categories to have a new parent. Maybe call it “Exhibitors”

    And then put all the 980 categories for the 2nd directory under a different parent.

    Then follow the direction is the FAQ. That should do the trick.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Not all entries displaying #349888
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    Do you have index.php in your permalink structure (look at your address bar in the browser)? If you do, go to the Permalinks admin page and remove it.

    If you do not have index.php in your permalink the issue is likely your dev server setup. It is dropping the query vars that are required for these to work.

    in reply to: Not all entries displaying #349830
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebecca

    The cMap, by default, paginates the results to 20 per page. This is actually what you want to do… If you really want to turn off pagination got to the Connections : Templates admin page, click the Customize button for cMap and navigate to the Pagination panel in the Customizer, disable the Enable Pagination Support option and click the Save and Publish button.

    Hope that helps!

    ps. If you do not have a Customize button for cMap, make sure you update to version 5.0.

    in reply to: How to create a new registration page #349829
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Is the page that you have the [connections] shortcode on the same page you have set as the directory home page on the Connections : Settings admin page?

    Can you please share an actual link, so I can see… without links I can only offer guesses rather than solutions…

    in reply to: Form Extension on iPhone and iPad #349827
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    I only have an older iPad (2nd gen I think)… I’m charging it now so I can take a look on an actual device But in my local device emulator the page looks just fine on both devices and match the following links on a web based mobile device emulator.

    Scratch that… I was finally able to replicate by loading in Safari emulating an iPhone. The issue is being caused by a style in the theme. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-form table tr td {
        vertical-align: top !important;
        background: transparent !important;
    }
    

    That should fix it.

    Hope that helps!

    ps. No double/triple sending the same question please! Please post all questions to the forums, I answer those first in priority. Direct email questions, days can pass before you get an answer.

    in reply to: hide members #349798
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    re: Yes Steven, I’m trying to use the method you told me, but I didn’t choose to use a plugin. Instead I’d like to use the method described here… Any idea why ? How can I find out the variable names used in the card theme ?

    Well, it sounds as if you are trying to use these options with the Default Entry Card template … the free templates that comes with Connections… they do not support the shortcode options. These advanced shortcode options a reserved for the premium templates.

    re: And I’d like to use the template I created for this category. Is there another way to do it ? Even if I have to code ?

    You only supported option is to name the file as card.php because these is now what to custom category template by use the category shortcode option.

    Can this be down with code, very likely but you are on your own for that… but here’s what might work…

    You could hook into this filter:

    Check for the category id and if it is found add a new filter which hooks into this filter:

    Add your custom template name as a higher priority item.

    Good luck, hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,261 through 7,270 (of 15,332 total)