BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,251 through 7,260 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Custom CSS not working on template #350072
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    Yeah… you would need a bunch of widgets just like you have a bunch of shortcodes. The widget does have the equivalent if the category_in shortcode option. After choosing your two categories you would select the “Must be in all categories selected above?” option. Even though you can do that, the widget does not have the order options.

    Honestly, I can’t think have a better way of doing what you have now without something being custom coded. Maybe after I have the featured and featured in category with their associated widgets completed that’ll be something you can use.

    in reply to: 'Go back to directory' does not… #350068
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    If your theme has a button shortcode you can add the button shortcode above the Connections shortcode with a link to the page. I’ve seen a few users do that to their satisfaction.

    in reply to: Custom CSS not working on template #350067
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    Good to hear that worked… question, Can you not use the Entry List widget from the Widget Pack instead of the name template? It is a newer widget so you might have missed it.

    in reply to: User cannot edit directory entry #350066
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Garry

    This seems to be working fine. Here’s what I did for the test.

    • Confirmed settings were correct. They were.
    • Went to the Connections : Manage admin page to locate a linked user. I used Mrs Natalie Anne.
    • I switched to her account.
    • I navigated to the directory home page.
    • The “View My Directory Entry” link was shown as it should be.
    • Clicking the “View My Directory Entry” took me the Natalie’s directory page.
    • On that page “Edit Entry” was displayed and clicking it allowed me to edit her entry.

    Now all that said…

    I see you manually added two pages under the “RHA Members Area”, they are, “Add Directory Listing” and “Edit Your Directory Listing*”. These actually both go to the same page with the [connections_form] shortcode on it.

    The short of it… is that shortcode is deprecated and is no longer supported. I suggest not using it. More important though… this does not allow a user to add or edit their entry. It only allows users to submit entries to the directory. One of the reason it is no longer supported.

    For a user to add and edit their entry, you must use the links shown on the directory pages as explained above.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Pro-Pack install widget & template issues #350063
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebekah

    re: categories

    Looking at you site, my suggestion since that categories are already broken into separate page is to leave it that way and disable the category select filter in cMap. This can be done using the Template Customizer. Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Customize button for cMap. Navigate to the Category Select panel and disable it. Click the Save and Publish button to save the change.

    An alternative solution would to be to limit the category select to the pages category. See this FAQ. If you opt to use this method, in the Template Customizer there are a few options such as hiding empty categories from the drop down. You might want to try these options too.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Pro-Pack install widget & template issues #350059
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rebekah

    **re: 1 and 2 **

    The short of it is that there is custom CSS being applied to the theme which is breaking it when large block level elements are placed in the page content body. Here’s the CSS causing the issue:

    .pagewidth {    
        width: 1100px; 
    }
    #body { 
        padding-left: 0px; 
    }
    #content {  
        width: 650px;
        margin-left: 40px; 
    }
    #sidebar {  
        width: 300px;
        font-family:Questrial;  text-align:left; 
    }
    

    If you remove this, then the theme responds correctly. The above CSS basically breaks the theme’s mobile device responsive support too. Removing just the width from the above CSS statements should be enough to fix it.

    I’ll reply to the categories questions in my next reply.

    in reply to: Importing category help #350058
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ gregory

    re: Are you saying that I need one column (like where Architect is) labeled Categories, then each record needs to have all of that particular members categories in one cell?

    In short, yes. I’ll try to make the example a little more clear by using some of your data.

    First Name Last Name Category
    Al         Uthe
    Al         Hunziker  BO,BI,ESI,PI,RBO,RBI,RPI
    

    Does that help?

    in reply to: Get Card Image – large size #350047
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Aaron

    The getCardImage() is an old deprecated function. I recommend not using it. The documentation for the code can be found in the source files. Most of the $entry Object functions can be found in the class.entry-output-php file.

    For images you want to the getimage() function. The documentation for its options are inline with the function, but here is an example:

    $entry->getImage( array( 'image' => 'logo', 'width' => 300, 'height' => 200 ) );
    

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jason

    Could I get a temp admin account so I can take a closer look?

    in reply to: User cannot edit directory entry #350044
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Garry

    Did you enable the link per the installation instructions? If you did, give me a temp admin login and I’ll take a look to see what the issue might be.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,251 through 7,260 (of 15,332 total)