BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,291 through 7,300 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Profile Entry Card 3.0 not working #349570
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MichFM

    The issue is that you had this in the bio field for the Canton entry.

    [connections id='6' order_by='id|SPECIFIED']

    The bio and notes field= do support shortcodes but you should put the [connections] shortcode in it. In this particular case… you created an infinite loop. The id=6 is the Canton entry so trying to an entry within itself will just keep repeating until the server runs out of resources.

    I remove the shortcode from the entry now it works fine.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Anniversary Date Not Showing #349569
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Braddon

    Hmmm… how odd. The anniversary dates are not saved to the caches (these are used to keep db queries to a minimum for faster performance). Data is auto-added to the caches when an entry is added/updated. I tested manually adding an entry myself to see if there was an issue when adding/editing and entry and it seemed to work just fine before and after the changes needed to fix the display of the anniversary date for organizations. I only ever see this behavior when the data was inserted directory into the db rather than the add/edit entry for or the CSV Import extension which is why I asked how you added the entries.

    So…

    As mentioned, I applied a fix which will display the anniversary date for organizations. This date is pulled from the cache like it should be and displayed.

    But…

    Since many of the entries the dates are not in the cache you’ll still get blanks. Simply editing the entry with no changes and clicking update will fix the cache and the date will display. So if/when you see one of these pop up blank, this is all you need to do to fix it.

    You might want to do this preemptively. I already do a small chuck of these in the theatrical shorts category in testing, the ones that begin with B–F. Before updating an entry you can see if the date is in the cache by clicking the Show Details link. If the anniversary displays in the far right column of the entry details, its fine. If it does not, then you need to do the edit/update it.

    Hope that helps. Let me know!

    ps. The changes I made will be included in the next update so it will be safe to update.

    in reply to: Address Data is Lost or Deleted #349564
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Darrin

    re: It occurred to me though that maybe the issue is that both Connections and cMap are enabled globally through Multisite.

    That definitely could be the issues as Connections is not compatible (fully) with global activations on multisite.

    re: Do you know if I disable the plugin, will I loose my data?

    Will you lose your data? No. What I can not tell you is if you’ll have access to it or not you might have to rename the tables to align with the site Connections is actually activated on. Also, maybe, move the images to the correct folder.

    That said… You did say parent site… so if you activated and added the data on the parent site, it should be fine. Even if you have to rename tables and move files, that should only take a few minutes.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Individual view different from main view #349563
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ulrike

    I’m planning to release an update this Friday/weekend which will include the fix.

    in reply to: Change Font #349518
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bethany

    In most cases the font is inherited from the theme. YOu would need to show me specific examples of what you like to change and I could offer a bit of custom CSS to change the font for your.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: How to create CSV import #349517
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bethany

    re: This plug-in is awesome

    Thanks!

    re: There are 192 members and it would be a more efficient use of time to import

    You need the CSV Import extension.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Anniversary Date Not Showing #349489
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Braddon

    Question… how did you input the data into Connections? Did you manually input it or did you import it directly in the db?

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Great to hear it’s sorted!

    in reply to: Address Data is Lost or Deleted #349485
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Darrin

    I’m not asking you to install the s2Member plugin (I actually recommend against it unless you need it), only the Code Snippets plugin which is harmless and very useful. Please try the suggestion in the FAQ and let me know if it resolves the issue. Thanks.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Oh… so the redirection happens just like it should (which is what I am seeing).

    The is is actually the drop down on the main directory is not showing the correct categories, correct? When I visit the cmap.php file, this is not there:

    'include' => array(16,4,2,31,42,411,32,29,33,3,21,105,41,18,19,20,95,17,246,22,262,1),

    I can not remember which version you had of cMap, but if you just updated it to the new version 5.0 you would have lost any changes you made to the cmap.php file. This is not an issue with Connections or cMap, this is how WordPRess processes plugin updates, the old files are deleted and the new ones copied it their place.

    If you had that include line for the category drop down options, you are going to have to add it again.

    Wait… I see, you create multiple version of the cmap.php file. You can’t do that. Remove the cmap1.php and cmap3.php files. Put them in a backup folder or something. Leave only the cmap.php file. You’ll like have to reactivate the template afterwards.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,291 through 7,300 (of 15,332 total)