Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ David
There is not a builtin option for this but you can tweak this with a bit of custom CSS.
#cn-cmap .cn-left { float: none !important; } #cn-cmap .cn-right { text-align: left !important; } #cn-cmap .cn-tray-links .cn-left { float: left; } #cn-cmap .cn-tray-links .cn-right { text-align: right; }That should do it. Hope that helps.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Sylvia
re: On my directory page, the ‘View All’ goes to a error page. I am not sure how to correct this. See image. When I search for say ‘Author’ there are 23 entries. When I advance to the second page to view, it goes to an error page.
I can not see your site because it is behind a coming soon landing page… but looking at the URL and reading the description of the issue, it appears you might be using this plugin or one like it or perhaps a .htaccess. Connections is not compatible with this. My suggestion is to not use the .html in your permalink as there is really no benefit in having with one exception being to maintain Google rankings for an old site but that would be better handled by setting up 301 redirects so the old links are permanently redirected to the new links while maintaining the Google rankings for those pages.
re: Purchasing LINK: I’ve uploaded about 800 members of my virtual community. I want them to be able to login to update their profiles. If I purchase the link extension, will I be able to invite them to update their profile?
When you say you’ve uploaded 800 members… what do you mean exactly. Do you mean importing them into Connections? If so, then you also need to import them as WordPress users, there are other plugins available to do this. After you do that or as part of the import by checking the appropriate box, you can invite your users to login. You should test, test and test again before importing users and emailing them as you don’t want to spam them. When the users login, that is when the Link extension will “kick” in. When they login, then their WP user account will be linked to their Connections entry. And when they are logged in, they will be able to maintain their own entry.
re: How would they be able to login?
They will login just like you would into WordPress. You could setup a login landing page. There’s many options. I do provide a free basic login plugin you could utilize.
re: I read somewhere that they will have to use the same email address that is on the account?
Yes, this is required as WordPress requires an email address to have a user account. And they must match because this is also what Link uses to match a WP user to the Connections entry.
re: Is this the only way to login? Will they need a password?
Yes, and, yes. Because WordPress requires it.
Hope that answers your questions thoroughly!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
Hmmm… Interesting. If you configure to receive the error, of course let me know. To dig deeper I’ll need a temp admin login which can be posted here as a private reply.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
Thanks! I really appreciate it!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
Great to hear!
I have not heard of anyone else encountering this before now, but I’m certain it must happen a lot. My guess is that others may have just deleted the address and added it again. I’m working quite hard on vastly improving the documentation, I’ll have to remember to add this little tidbit of knowledge so it does not confuse anyone else. Apologies for the trouble!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Patrick
re: Return to Directory link to a button and not a Bullet.
The list item is classed and has an id. It would take too much to use CSS to style it as a button. Alternatively, you could unhook this action and hook then add a new hook to render it as a button. You could also hook in the cn_entry_actions_atts filter and change the entry actions to somehting other than a list. OR a combination of both. So no need to edit the core code to change that. When I do custom work I’ll often use the Code Snippets plugin to make these mods so they can even be easily turned off and on.
re: headings in the form
Use the Say What plugin. I even have a little howto.
So it sounds like the changes can be made in an update safe way. Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
When you changed the address, did you remove it and add a new one or did you just update the existing fields? If you just updated the existing fields, did you perhaps not click the Geocode button to update the lat/lng fields. If you do not update those after changing the existing address the map pin will be displayed exact at the lat/lng in those fields because they take priority over the actual address. Alternatively if you edit an existing address you can simply clear the lat/lng fields and the new address will be geocoded automatically. The lat/lng to take priority because in many parts of the world auto geocoding can yield poor results, this allows the user to use drag and drop on the Geocode map to fine tune the gecoding so the map will display the correct location.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
re: I do not have any “Private” or “Unlisted” entries.
Sorry, no, I do not mean the entries themselves. When you add an address, phone, ect to an entry you can set that particular item to be Public, Private or Unlisted separately from the entry’s visibility. This is what I was referring to in my previous reply. That is the only way those error messages can be generated.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Patrick
There are only file changes, no db changes between these versions.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Becky
Is this perhaps the same user mentioned in this issue? If it is, the I suspect it is because the Preferred address which they are not permitted to edit is also the first address in the entry. The first address entered is the addressed use to render the map and if that user does not have permission to edit that first address, the map can not be changed by the user.
Does that help?
-
AuthorPosts
