BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,711 through 6,720 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Gridder Jumping #359027
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    re: I don’t know how to delete the file ‘gridder.min.js I can see it in the Network Admin, Plugins, Edit I could delete it’c contents and save it but I can’t see any way to delete the field here?

    You can not delete files with the plugin Editor. Log into your site with FTP and delete the file that way.

    re: I tried removing the code from that file but it didn’t help

    WP Engine has very aggressive caching. Make sure you flush it after deleting the line otherwise WP Engine will continue to serve the original file.

    in reply to: Gridder Jumping #358957
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    Hmmm, yeah, that is not quite working right on your site. My guess is it is conflicting with other javascript on the page. What is supposed to happen is that it is support to scroll the entry that was clicked to the top of the page. So that conflict seems to be making it not possible to accurately determine the top of the page in Gridder.

    The only fix I can think of is to disable that scroll effect in Gridder. To do this, delete the gridder.min.js file found in this folder:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/
    

    Now open the gridder.js file and delete this line:

    $( _self._scrollTo() ).animate( { scrollTop: _me.position().top }, 0 );
    

    Save the file. That should disable the auto scroll in Gridder which should stop the jump to the top.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    • This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Steven Zahm. Reason: Correct "No" to "Now"
    in reply to: Different forms for different categories #358949
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Drew

    re: you should work to add this feature to your next release

    Yes, this will be included in the next release.

    re: Also you could add a feature allowing users to choose to not allow parent categories to be selected, and a shortcode to remove the “Show all categories” option.

    Hmmm, the “Show all categories” shouldn’t even be an option. I just fixed that bug. The fix will be in the next update.

    re: having more options on what to display or not could improve this even more.

    I did other shortcode options for categories which are in the beta I gave you. You also have these options; exclude_category, include_category, hide_empty_category, show_category_count.

    You would not use exclude_category and include_category together, one or the other. The include_category option would be use to show only the specified categories. The exclude_category option should allow to exclude specific categories.

    Does this qualify?

    re: you could add a feature allowing users to choose to not allow parent categories to be selected

    I just now added this per your suggestion. Thanks!

    in reply to: Multiple posts per user? #358948
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Drew

    Sorry, yes, it is one entry per one WP user and there is not a way to allow more than one.

    in reply to: "Entry could not be added" #358947
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    re: thanks for the incredibly quick reply – that was indeed the problem!

    Good to hear that fixed the issue!

    re: I wish you’d also set up a “tip jar” on your site for clients like us who really appreciate the hard work that must go into providing the customer service that you do

    I actually use to have a donate page a while back. Interestingly, it received the fewest pages visits on the site and yielded one, maybe two donations so I took it down . But that was mostly do to to concern on the possible negative image it might cast since I am also trying to sell items. Maybe bringing back as a tip jar would be alright. I’ll have to give it some thought. Thanks for the idea.

    in reply to: Please Help #358946
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ jon

    re: The only issue is my search by state dropdown does not show up at the top of the page. How can I re-add this?

    Sorry, I do not know… How did you add it before?

    in reply to: CouponDropDown virus #358942
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bill

    Thanks! Hope all goes well with cleaning up the site. I just had to deal with it on another site. I think it was related to either MailPoet or Ninja Forms. I only say this because the files kept popping up in their plugin folders. But honestly, I really have no clue on how to backtrace something like this.

    in reply to: "Entry could not be added" #358940
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    If you updated to WordPress 4.4, you need to update to Connections 8.5.7 otherwise you will not be able to add/edit entries. This is due to a change that WordPress made when inserting/updating data into the database.

    in reply to: Please Help #358939
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ jon

    If you updated to WordPress 4.4, you need to update to Connections 8.5.7 otherwise you will not be able to add/edit entries. This is due to a change that WordPress made when inserting/updating data into the database.

    in reply to: Need help #358864
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ PH. Lutz

    re: When I try to edit connections-tile-plus/tile-plus-single.min.css (it states as inactive) or any ccs file in the connections-tile-plus/ directory.

    Correct, only the tile-plus.php will be shown as active in the WordPress Plugin Editor because that is the only plugin file. This file is what will load the other ones when they are needed.

Viewing 10 posts - 6,711 through 6,720 (of 15,332 total)