BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,721 through 6,730 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: CouponDropDown virus #358861
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bill

    Well, the looks of it… this is not CouponDropDown. That is a PC based malware. Your sire is server malware:

    https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/ocontoareachamber.com/newsandmembers/chamber-members/

    Something you’re going to need to deal with as soon as you can.

    I recommend the Sucuri Plugin.

    After you install, go to its Post Hack tab in the admin.

    Generate new security keys and reset all plugins. I also suggest reinstalling WordPress. You can do this on the WordPress Updates admin page. Make sure to enable the “Core integrity checks” on the settings page. This will let you know integrity of the core WordPress files are good.

    After you’ve cleaned your site do another scan and then keep an eye on the Sucuri Dashboard page. It let you know when files have been added, changed, removed.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Need help #358799
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ PH. Lutz

    The first thing I see is that it seems the template’s code was altered from the original which is creating quite a bit of invalid HTML. You might want to double check your changes.

    Here’s the CSS you need to enlarge the name:

    #cn-tile-plus .cn-entry .fn {
        font-size: 24px;
        margin: 3px
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Adding a community forum #358797
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adrian

    Answered here.

    in reply to: Multiple categories of categories? #358796
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sarah

    An example of this can be found here:

    https://sscit.org/

    What you see on this page is a custom coded extension which is suitable for production use just not generally available thru the store because setup is a little complex. If you wish, I can sell this solution to you, including setup and configuration for a reasonable fee. If this is acceptable, let me know and I can send you a quote.

    in reply to: Email Notifications #358795
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adrian

    Sorry, no, there is not presently.

    in reply to: Profile Page Formatting #358794
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    Perhaps it is being caused by the theme. The only way I can figure that out is if you can share a link to the page that has the issue so I can take a look.

    in reply to: View All formatting #358781
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    re: I added the View All link which is nice, however, when I click on it, it displays a 4 column index which is crowded. Would love to have a 2 column index. Is this possible?

    Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-names div#cn-list-body {
        -moz-column-count: 2;
        -moz-column-gap: 10px;
        -webkit-column-count: 2;
        -webkit-column-gap: 10px;
        column-count: 2;
        column-gap: 10px;
    }
    

    That’ll make it a 2 column layout.

    re: Also, using the View All, it seems there is no way to get back to the main directory. Should there be some link to Go back to directory, like there is on individual entries?

    Yes, there should be one… it is on my to do list.

    re: Oh, one other thing. I noticed at the bottom of the pagination, it shows the numbers of the pages, however, the 4th page is just three dots and not the number 4. Can you help with that?

    Click the next page link and it’ll show. The pagination uses the core WordPress pagination function in order to create the links. It’ll show the three first page links plus the last two and a next page link. When there is a span of pages, even if it is just one page, it’ll display the ellipses to represent those pages. It just so happens that you have 6 page which makes this awkward. My suggestion would be change the number of items display per page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: WP upgrading #358777
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joshua

    re: Even if I only have the shortcode set to [connections] it still fails to work. Just shows the text on the webpage.

    If that is the case, I suspect that the shortcode was wrapped in either the code or pre HTML tag. This seems to be another thing WP 4.4 changed. Shortcodes within those tags no longer seem to be processed.

    Here’s a link to a doc page that has a couple tips to follow when working with shortcodes. I’ll have to update it to include tips for the changes made in WP 4.4 but it is good info for working with any shortcode with any plugin.

    re: Deleted the single quotes and re-typed them and now it is working.

    I suspected it would which is why I originally suggested it.

    Great to hear it is now working again for you. I’m going to mark this topic as resolved now.

    in reply to: Tile Plus & Notes or Custom Field #358769
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christy

    re: I’ve customized the template, will this also work in the custom theme/template directory/card.php?

    Yes, that would be the best place to drop your custom template file so it is update safe.

    in reply to: CSV data not showing after importing #358733
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sebastian

    My best guess looking at the supplied CSV files is that you are importing these as new entries but using the Entry ID. You can not set your own Entry ID, these are assigned by the WordPress database. The Entry ID column is if you are updating existing entries. Try importing the CSV files without mapping the Entry ID.

    Let me know if that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 6,721 through 6,730 (of 15,332 total)