BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 6,651 through 6,660 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vary displayed content by category #360037
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    re: I have managed to accomplish the same objection with css:

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thank in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Exporting Images #360036
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dirk

    I have started research exporting PDF/s. I think to get my feet wet I’m going to make an Avery Label PDF export for addresses. I know there will not be much, if any, demand for such an extension but creating PDF/s involve quite a bit of work to learn what works and what does not.

    It seems the MS approach would work just fine now that I think about it a little more. You do not/should not need OnMergeImages, here’s how. Though it does sound like it would make doing the merge easier.

    To “export” the images, log into your site with FTP and download the connections-images folder found here: ../wp-content/uploads/. After you have them downloaded locally and do a string find/replace on the CSV file to replace the URL portion of the path with your local path to the connections-images folder.

    in reply to: new window for link #360022
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Melanie

    re: That’s not what we are seeing – we did an import and the links are not opening in a new window.

    Oh, sorry! When I looked at the code before answering the question I looked at the code for the default for the do/nofollow attribute instead of the target attribute. Yes, it will default to the same window.

    re: Is there a spot in one of the templates where I can override the default behavior?

    There is no way to easily override this default. That said if you can make a very minor change the PHP code for Connections you can change the default. Go to line 2765 in the class.entry-data.php file found here ../wp-content/plugins/connections/includes/entry/. Change same at the end to new. after you make this change the links should default to a new window. Note, you’ll lose this change when you update Connections.

    re: is there any way to import the link to someone’s logo or image?

    Again, unfortunately there is no easy way to do this but there might be a solution. If you are only importing one link per entry and you are always linking just the logo or just the image you can change line 2724 or line 2725 to TRUE. Doing that, when importing the one link will always be assigned to either the image or logo.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: Getting fatal error #360020
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Spalding

    re: When I try to edit my photo directory page I am now getting this error

    My best guess is another plugin or maybe even the theme is running the core WordPress shortcode action in the admin for some reason… something that should not be done. I suggest first trying the steps outlined in the plugin conflict troubleshooting faq.

    Let me know what you find out.

    in reply to: CSV Import #360008
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ James

    Sorry, no, it is not.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patricia

    Great question! This is actually pretty simple to do. I thought this would be a great tip to share with everyone as a QuickTip. Here’s the link to the post:

    http://connections-pro.com/2016/01/05/quicktip-show-the-awaiting-moderation-widget-on-the-wordpress-dashboard/

    in reply to: Logo Not Showing On Public Side #359994
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christopher

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Vary displayed content by category #359993
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ George

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment. I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Sort by field #359991
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bobbi

    Yes, you can search by those fields. Activate any of the templates that you purchased. They all support search some have the feature off by default, like Circled and Gridder, but you can turn it on, see the doc page for the respective template.

    You can also configure which fields are search on the Connections : Settings admin page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Logo Not Showing On Public Side #359989
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christopher

    Well, the shortcodes are the same except for the category ID but there were errors. I’ve corrected one of them (motel-resorts), below.

    [connections str_work_addr='Address:' str_work_phone='Phone' str_work_fax='Fax' str_work_email='Email' str_bio_show='Click Here For Business Description' str_bio_head='Business Description' str_bio_hide='Close Description' str_image='Photo Coming Soon' show_contact_name=FALSE category='30']

    The errors were minor… Address: was not quoted, same for a couple other str options and there were several instances of connections within the shortcode. That should only be once at the very beginning.

    Now, for the logo not showing…

    I didn’t not notice this the other day., but you have not text in the bio field. The image in the bio field will not be displayed if there is not text. So try adding something to the bio field. I suspect the image will show now.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 6,651 through 6,660 (of 15,332 total)