BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,541 through 8,550 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: All my Connections just disappeared #332222
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Willa

    First, the entries are not gone. They are not being displayed because the db needs to be updated.

    My favorite tool for backup is BackupBuddy, but any plugin that does db backup should do just fine. For example WP-DBManager. The plugin directory at wordpress.org is full of options.

    After you backup, just click the update button.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Contact info on the same line as the company name #332217
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Tim

    First, tip, when you paste code, highlight it and click the code button {}. That will make sure it does not get mangled.

    Try this CSS instead:

    cn-list span.fn, #cn-list span.org {
      display: inline-block !important;
      width: 25% !important;
    }
    
    #cn-list span.phone-number-block {
      display: inline-block !important;
      margin: 0 !important;
      width: 45% !important;
    }
    

    You can limit the phone numbers in more than one way, depends on what you need…

    You can limit by type:

    $entry->getPhoneNumberBlock( array( 'type' => 'work,cell' ) )

    $entry->getPhoneNumberBlock( array( 'type' => 'work' ) )

    This would not limit the number per type though… say you had two work numbers and two cell numbers for an entry, the result would be four numbers.

    OR

    You can limit by a hard limit:

    $entry->getPhoneNumberBlock( array( 'limit' => 1 ) )

    This would “hard” limit to only one number but there would be little control. It would simply be the first number pulled from the db for the entry.

    You could limit one number of a particular type like this:

    $entry->getPhoneNumberBlock( array( 'type' => 'work', 'limit' => 1 ) )

    Downside here is if you had two work numbers for entry, the result could be either one.

    OR

    You can show only the “Preferred” number:

    $entry->getPhoneNumberBlock( array( 'preferred' => true ) )

    The downside here, is if you did not set a “Preferred” phone number when adding the entries, you’ll have to go back, edit each one, setting the preferred number.

    As for the contact block, right, I should have one and I just did. This change will be part of the 8.2.5 release. But since you are editing the template, it is simple enough to add your own block, like so:

    '<span class="my-contact-block">' . $entry->getContactNameBlock() . '</span>'

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: show both image and logo #332176
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ roy

    Here’s the link that has details on how to add it:

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/change-proportions-of-images/#post-313258

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: family #332175
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amy

    oh… wait… I see this was post in the Form forum… Form does not support the creation of Families, so now I’m doubly confused on the issue. Sorry!

    in reply to: family #332174
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amy

    Sorry, I’m not sure I completely understand the issue. I just tested, when I added a new entry and change the entry type to Family both the individuals drop down and the relations drop down both appeared. I’m not really certain by what you mean “the name eventually shows up in the listing.”

    If you could provide more details plus a step by step how to reproduce the issue that would be very helpful. Thanks!

    in reply to: CMAP not working on Directory page #332171
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Neeraj

    It seems you posted a reply while I was writing my own which as you see is very long and very detailed. This took a lot of time to investigate and write.

    Your issue was posted after I had finished up for the day yesterday so I did not see it until this morning and there were others ahead of you in the support queue. 18 hours for a reply… often I can do better really depends on when the issue comes in, but really, 18 hours is still extremely good which you’ll know if you ever had to get support for most other plugins for WordPress.

    I apologies this did not meet your expectations but sometimes it simply does take time.

    in reply to: CMAP not working on Directory page #332170
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Neeraj

    Actually, cMap is fine, it is the theme is completely stomping, completely destroying the layout and functionality. It is pretty darned rare that I come across a theme that does this completely.

    Most of the layout issues are CSS conflicts found in this file for the theme:

    http://www.enepalisansar.com/wp-content/themes/SocialChef/css/style.css

    This section specifically:

    .avatar,.vcard                          {float:left;width:90px;height:90px;overflow:hidden;color:#fff;text-align:center;position:relative;font-size:13px !important;font-weight:400 !important;padding:0;}
    .widget #members-list .avatar span,
    .widget #members-list .vcard .item      {min-height:30px;font-size:12px;border-right:1px solid #ddd;position:absolute;left:0;bottom:0;z-index:2;width:100% !important;background:#fff;color:#666;padding:6px 10px !important;text-transform:none;}
    .avatar a,
    .vcard .item a                              {color:#666 !important;font-weight:500 !important;}
    .widget #members-list .boxed li:nth-child(3n) .avatar span,
    .widget #members-list .vcard:nth-child(3n) .item            {border:none;}
    
    .vcard .item-meta   {display:none;}
    .vcard .item        {opacity:0;-ms-opacity:0;-webkit-transition:all 0.2s ease-in;-moz-transition:all 0.2s ease-in;-o-transition:all 0.2s ease-in;-ms-transition:all 0.2s ease-in;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;}
    .vcard:hover .item  {opacity:1;-ms-opacity:1;}
    

    What we’ll need to do is create a set of CSS rules for cMap that override the CSS from the theme that is ruining the layout for you.

    Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-cmap .vcard {
      float: none !important;
      width: auto !important;
      height: auto !important;
      overflow: visible !important;
      color: #000 !important;
    }
    
    #cn-cmap .cn-clear {
      display: block !important;
    }
    
    input#cn-search-submit {
      background: url(http://www.enepalisansar.com/wp-content/plugins/connections/assets/images/icons/search.png)8px center no-repeat #FFF !important;
    }
    
    #cn-search-input {
      width: 140px !important;
    }
    

    This should tidy up the display.

    The difficult bit is that the theme also seems to be stomping all over the javascript too. Or maybe it is a plugin too… I see you have BePro Listings installed, please try deactivating it. I think that is making the map feature break a little.

    The last thing I see. It seems the theme is using UniformJS which seems to be abandoned by the author. This seems to be breaking the select drop down in cMap. Since UniformJS seems abandoned, probably the safest thing to do is make sure the theme does not use it. In order to do this, you’ll have to make one small change to a javascript file. This will also make sure it will not break any other plugins. Alternatively, if the theme has an option to disable it, I suggest doing that instead of editing the files.

    Open this file:

    http://www.enepalisansar.com/wp-content/themes/SocialChef/js/scripts.js

    Go to line 29 & 30, which should be this:

    //CUSTOM FORM ELEMENTS
    $('select, input[type=radio],input[type=checkbox],input[type=file]').uniform();
    

    And change it to this:

    //CUSTOM FORM ELEMENTS
    //$('select, input[type=radio],input[type=checkbox],input[type=file]').uniform();
    

    Save the file and upload it overwriting the original.

    After you do… I see you are using WP Super Cache, make sure you flush all caches.

    That should fix everything up. Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: URLs #332167
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ roy

    It is on the todo list but honestly it is pretty low priority compared to other enhancements in the pipeline.

    in reply to: No Search or drop down on main page #332166
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Eric

    re: Is it possible to have the the search bar show on the page with no results underneath until search criteria is entered?

    Technically this is possible. I’ve been asked this a few times in the support forums now so I’ve added a new Quicktip that goes over the details.

    re: Also, can the size of the search bar be changed?

    Yes, the styling is controlled with CSS you can basically do anything you want to it.

    You can try this, though you may have to tweak it to suit… add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-circled input#cn-search-input {
      height: 42px !important;
      font-size: 36px !important;
      line-height: normal !important;
    }
    
    #cn-circled input#cn-search-submit {
      height: 42px !important;
    }
    
    #cn-circled span.cn-search {
      margin-bottom: 16px !important;
      text-align: center !important;
      display: block !important;
      float: none !important;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Default category with search option #332154
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kasper

    To search in a different category, you first have to switch to it using the category drop down when using the category shortcode option. This is because you have effectively limited the “All Categories” by setting the manual override (the category shortcode option). If you did not have that category shortcode option, then the entire directory would be searched when there is no category selected in the drop down. This works pretty much exactly like when you search at Amazon you can either choose to search the entire store or limit the search to “department” (another word for category). However, the main difference is you’ve manually limited the initial results to your “default category” by using the category shortcode option.

    Ok, I said the same thing in a couple different ways so I hope that makes sense!

    Now, with this all said, there is something else that I forgot about that would allow you to override the category shortcode option when a search is performed. I just added a QuickTip about it discussing it in detail.

    http://connections-pro.com/2015/04/23/quicktip-override-category-shortcode-option-during-a-keyword-search/

    You can try this out. Like I said in the QuickTip, this has not been thoroughly tested nor is it supported, but other are using it to their satisfaction. I hope it helps you too!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,541 through 8,550 (of 15,332 total)