BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,441 through 8,450 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333463
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Yep, that is what I needed. I figured out the issue. It seems there is an install issue when installing Connections as a new install in WordPress 4.2 and greater that can cause the table not to be created. I fixed your site and made the necessary change to Connections. I will very likely push an update out before end of week which will contains the fixes I used on your site.

    in reply to: Widget Pack: Widget NOT Allowing Select Cateogries #333461
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MV Times

    Did you click the Save button?

    in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333375
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Ok, the table is missing. It is really odd all the others created just fine, but that one will not. For me to figure out why, I’ll need a temp admin account.

    in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333371
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Ok, good. Is the database name and table name correct in the error message?

    Open the database in phpMyAdmin. Which tables do you see that start with:

    {prefix}_connections

    There should be 13 total.

    Everytime Connections is activated, it looks to see if the tables exist and if they don’t it tells WP to create them.

    Does the user setup for the db access have create table privileges? This would be the user you added to the wp-config.php file.

    in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333358
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    re: Maybe the TimThumb scanner script isn’t the cause??

    No, I do not think that is the cause.

    The cause is right in the error message:

    '[DB NAME REDACTED].[TABLE NAME REDACTED]' doesn't exist for query...

    Something is preventing this table from being created on activation. Is the a regular WP install or a Multisite install? The table name hints towards a regular install, but I want to be sure.

    in reply to: cMap categories #333355
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bob

    It is possible, but you would have to edit the template in order to show the categories assigned to the entry.

    You can add the categories to the card.php or card-single.php files by adding this where you want them to be displayed:

    $entry->getCategoryBlock( array( 'separator' => ', ', 'before' => '<span>', 'after' => '</span>' ) );
    

    I recommend following the method in this QuickTip so you can add it in an update safe way.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Cant Change Template #333353
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    Sorry, there is not much I can do about this unfortunately. The reason is rather technical but I can tell you this is definitely being caused by the theme. Temporarily switch back to the default theme to see for yourself.

    Put as simply as possible, the theme seems to have added a filter to the gettext hook. The filter that was added passes the text thru the WordPress shortcode process. This causes WordPress to parse all text everywhere for shortcodes. This is impacting your sites performance and will break things in very unexpected ways. One of which if the Connections : Templates admin page. What is happening there is the instructions contain the [connections] shortcode so WordPress is attempting to show the directory within the instructions and it was designed to so it is breaking.

    I can not think of a reason why a filter like this would be added on purpose so it must be a bug.

    What I did was deactivated Circled so I could reactivate the default template. You’ll see the directory being shown on the page, which you shouldn’t. The I change the shortcode to this: [connections template='circled']. This manually activates the template for that shortcode instance so it will be sued on that page.

    I hope that helps!

    in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333347
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Ha, funny, in an ironic sort of way! They “updated” TimThumb to an older version. And a version that contains a security vulnerability at that! Well, 2.8.13 had the vulnerability. That trailing .1… maybe that’s a version that they patched themselves. At any rate Connections no longer requires that file at all. It hasn’t for a while now. It is only left in for backwards compatibility.

    I’d like to see that PHP error. You can post it here as a private reply or send it using the Contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this forum thread in the message so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: Do map templates support multiple map pins? #333340
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ciaran

    re: Some of my connections entries have multiple locations. Will all the locations entered show up in a template like cMap?

    Sorry, no, only the first location will have a pin. Multiple locations might be better served by having their own entry within Connections.

    re: Is there an option to display all the entries in a category or other search on a single map?

    Sorry, no, not presently. I am working on a solution which does exactly that. Here’s a link to a working prototype. This is under very active development, so the link may or may not work if you decide to visit it.

    in reply to: CSV import problem #333338
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Serge

    Good to hear.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,441 through 8,450 (of 15,332 total)