Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Cindi
Sorry, but Link does not use the user profile info, it link that data in Connections to a user. Unfortunately I am not aware of a directory plugin which uses the user profile as the source data. What might be a work around is to export your user data to a CSV file which can then be imported into Connections. Then when your users login, they could maintain their profile info within Connections.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ urbencl
When I log in the info is viewable on the page. The issue is with the Coming Soon plugin that is being used. Actually it is not an issue at all because everything is function as it should. Let me explain…
The Bypass URL set by the Coming Soon per its documentation creates “generic wordpress user with no privilages, learn more. Since this user has no privileges they do not even have the view public permission required.
I edited this user to add a site role, Subscriber with a dummy email. Now the user can view the public info in the directory. This could only be temporary fix if the Coming Soon plugin removes the generic user and recreates than after they expire… that I do not know.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Pascal
re: Is there a non-profit pricing discount for your products ?
Sorry, no there is not.
re: I also would like to provide a link on a per record basis pointing to a PDF, JPG or PNG scanned official license. What would be the best way to achieve that ?
If I understand… probably the easiest would to paste links to those items in either the bio or notes fields.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Gill
The
str_contactshortcode option is only to customize the label of the contact first and last name. That field is available when adding an organization entry type. I guess the short answer would have been that shortcode option is not a feature of the Contact form.Currently the only way to access the contact form is by way of the entry profile page. That said, with a bit of code, it can be enabled in the results list too.
Install the Code Snippets plugin.
Add a new snippet with the following code:
add_filter( 'cn_content_blocks-list', array( 'CN_Contact', 'settingsOption') ); add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'cn_contact_enqueue_scripts', 12 ); function cn_contact_enqueue_scripts() { if ( ! get_query_var( 'cn-entry-slug' ) ) { wp_enqueue_style( 'cnct-public' ); wp_enqueue_script( 'cnct-public' ); } }Save and activate the snippet.
Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab.
Enable the Email Entry option under the Results List Content Blocks.
Now the Contact form will be shown on the results list.
But, for it to actually function, I need to release an update to Contact that contains a couple minor tweaks. I’ll try to release it this week.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dedra
It is determined by which site has the license activated on the Connection : Settings admin page under the licenses tab.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ urbencl
You can send the login details using the Contact link at the bottom of the page. PLease paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ melisa
re: I was just working on the Form for my client and now when i go into the directory and click on submit form the page is giving me 404.
- What permalink structure are you using?
- Is the directory home page set to the same page which is set to the static front page?
- Do you have any plugins installed that add .html to pages, or similar?
re: Client wants to get rid of same window and have only option for new window selected. How can I achieve this?
Sorry, there is no easy way to do this. One way to accomplish this would be to edit the core Connections PHP file to remove it. This is the simplest but if that is done, this same change would need to be done after every Connections update. Another way to change this which would be update safe would be to unregister the currently links metabox and register a custom coded version which does not have that as an option. The later would be the best option.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dedra
Thanks for the review!
The templates and extensions are licensed as GPL, you can install on as many site as you wish. That said, the support and updates are only provided for a single site.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ urbencl
What is the exact shortcode you are using?
Was the template altered in any way? I ask because I see references to
<!-- AQUI -->in the template source code.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kurt
Oh, I see… yes, that is true. Only those who have access to the Connections : Manage admin page can change the entry type. The Link admin profile page, that always was limited to only the Individual and Organization entry types.
This can be re-enabled.
First, install the Code Snippets plugin.
Add a new snippet with the following code:
add_filter( 'cn_metabox_publish_atts', 'cn_link_add_family_type_option' ); function cn_link_add_family_type_option( $atts ) { $atts['entry_type'] = array( __( 'Individual', 'connections' ) => 'individual', __( 'Organization', 'connections' ) => 'organization', __( 'Family', 'connections' ) => 'family' ); return $atts; }Save and activate the new snippet.
The family entry type should now be present on the Link admin profile page.
Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
