BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,211 through 8,220 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Some records not displaying #336610
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roy

    We must have cross posted… great to hear you were able to resolve the issue!

    in reply to: Some records not displaying #336606
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roy

    re: Is this the short code page that you are talking about

    No, this is the shortcode I’m talking about? See this page, Step 4.

    What is the exact shortcode you are using? on this page:
    http://adsai.co/connections/

    I ask, because if you have options set, it is possible to limit and exclude entries based on those options.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Klaus

    re: However, when I choose “Show all categories” on my web-site the entries asserted to the new categories are not displayed. Does anybody know this problem? How can I solve it?

    The new entries, did you add them as Public?

    Can you share a link to the page with the issue?

    Can you give me a few examples of entries that should be shown? What are their names?

    What is the exact shortcode you are using?

    in reply to: Color scheme and other questions #336587
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pascal

    re: That’s in the CSS then, is it ?

    Yes. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area to make it display inline.

    #cn-slim-plus span.adr span.street-address {
      display: inline !important;
    }
    

    re: I have changed WP static page and the search all works now ! Though I’d really prefer to have the directory as first page displayed…Will wait and try your fix.

    Looking at you site. Even changing the page will not work because the page links contain index.php the rewrite rules in WordPress should be removing this. Having that in the links will break Connections permalinks. This is typically caused by a server level config. You’ll likely have to contact your host to resolve this.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Color scheme and other questions #336566
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Pascal

    re: But I’m guessing the Slimplus CSS is not allowing me to change address format display, right ?

    No, Slim Plus allows the use of the addr_format shortcode option. You missing the end quote, after %city% you should have a quote '.

    re: I’m also getting a “404” when I click on the “Afficher Tout” (view all) on top of my directory. Is there something I forgot to setup ?

    This is due to a WordPress bug. When query vars are used on the front page, WordPress routes the request to the “blog” page instead of back to the home page. I do have code that attempts to work around this but does not work in all instances. I’ll be releasing another bug fix release today that I hope will further work around this so it might fix it for you since the category filtering works for you. The only real solution is not to use Connections on the same page that is set as the WordPress static front page.

    Hope that helps. Let me know.

    in reply to: Template no longer working… #336564
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ stefano

    I visited the page… how exactly is it broke? Could you give more details? In my visit everything seems to be working quite well.

    in reply to: Some records not displaying #336562
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roy

    First, there is no limit. Here’s a user using it on a site with over 250,000 entries:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scales-to-at-least-250000-entries

    Second, after some searching, I found that you are using Connections on this page:
    http://adsai.co/connections/

    One this I noticed right away is at the very bottom it says, “No Results“. This indicates that you have the shortcode on the page twice. You should remove that second shortcode instance.

    Back to the missing entries…

    re: I began to add the contacts into the contact app.

    What do you mean by the “contact app“?

    re: Thinking that the record were deleted I checked the records in the member update forms. The missing records were still in the database.

    I do not understand where you were checking; “update forms“??? Do you mean the Connections : Manage admin page?

    re: I then noticed that the first and last records didn’t display and I was unable to search for the records.

    Just about all the time this is because one of three reasons…

    • The entry was not set as Public when it was added.
    • The configuration option in the shortcode is such that those entries are to be excluded.
    • The entries were unapproved and are in the mod queue which means they would be excluded from being listed.

    Double check that the entries are set to Public and not in the mod queue.

    What is the exact shortcode are you using? Please paste it in a reply exactly as it is in the page.

    in reply to: Listing Display Based on capacity #336560
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    Looks like you copy/pasted the example code into the WordPress post editor while in the HTML tab. This will also paste the underlying HTML.

    To fix that, you need to edit the page, switch the editor to the Text tab and delete the HTML that is in and around the shortcode. Specifically any code and pre tags. After you do, that fix it up.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Member edit of individual entry? #336530
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Matthew

    re: When they login, they are directed to the default WP account update page (name, pass & address) instead of the limited subscriber dashboard that they used to go to.

    Connections does not do any redirections on login… so there must be another plugin setup configured to do that.

    re: Now they can’t even get to the dashboard to see that menu.

    Connections does not block access to the admin, like the previous answer, there must be another plugin setup configured to do that. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is also being cause by the plugin doing the redirection.

    re: Any idea what might be happening??

    I’d suggest double checking the setting of any newly installed plugins or plugins that received updates.

    You said, “Now they can’t even get to the dashboard to see that menu.“… Are they any error message or such? Without more details I do not really have any more guesses.

    re: I just saw that my LINK version is 1.0.5. Does that not update with the rest of my extensions?? Would that cause the issue?

    The in admin updates feature was not introduced until version 2.0 of Link. You can download the latest version from your purchase history and manually update. To do this deactivate and delete the old version then install the new version. After you install it and activate it, go to the Connections : Settings admin page, Licenses tab and input your support license key. After you do that, when updates are released, you will get them in your WP admin like other plugins.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: CSV Category Import #336508
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mel

    Ok, I do not follow… what do you mean by “I might have 50 entry category one, 75 category two, 100 category three etc.all in the same file.”

Viewing 10 posts - 8,211 through 8,220 (of 15,332 total)