BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,201 through 7,210 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Change "Biographical Info" #350845
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carrie

    No problem!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Pop a Modal from Email links? #350839
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    I took a look at the site… They seem to be using this for popups. But i suppose you could use script to create them.

    The getEmailAddressBlock() can be found here.

    What I would suggest is too hook into this filter and output your own custom HTML for the email row which adds the code needed for the popup.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Tile Image Link #350677
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    David

    Well… on the live site, you are using Tile Plus and on the dev site you are using the Circled template. This isn’t something that Connections does by default. The change you made to Tile Plus to make the headshots links on the live site you’ll also need to make to the Circled template on the dev site. I know some users, when adding/editing an entry, will add a link to the entry which “points” to itself and then link the link to the photo or logo.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Cannot display bio or notes in template #350676
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dan

    Is this the directory page???

    http://bentonil.com/?page_id=110

    Are you certain you are on the latest version? It looks like version 8.2.8 is installed.

    When I click thru to a single entry, I see that the notes block is being displayed. The issue if data is not displaying might be your templates need to be updated. What would need change I couldn’t tell you because I do not know what was changed. If you can give me more details, I’m sure I can help.

    in reply to: How do I set up usernames and passwords? #350663
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    You could use the CSV Export Tool for Email found on the Connections : Tools admin page and then use a plugin like this one to import them as users. I’ve never used this plugin so I can not really vouch for it but it seems popular, well maintained and supported.

    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/import-users-from-csv-with-meta

    But you will need the Link extension if the users are to be able to edit their entry.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Change "Biographical Info" #350662
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Carrie

    See this QuickTip.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    in reply to: Display by Committee #350661
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Tess

    Sorry, but Connections does not support category grouping.

    What you could do is add the shortcode on the page multiple times. Once for each category to be displayed using the category shortcode option

    You can also use the order_by shortcode option to order the individuals or make up the committee.

    Here’s an example:

    Officers
    [connections category=1 id="5,401,10,36" order_by="id|SPECIFIED"]
    
    Committee One
    [connections category=4 id="10,1,101,356" order_by="id|SPECIFIED"]
    
    Committee Two
    [connections category=3 id="22,5,81,193" order_by="id|SPECIFIED"]
    

    You can do this with the free templates that come with Connections, nothing to buy.

    Hope this helps!

    in reply to: connection form error and payment form integration #350655
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reed

    Well, like I said, the source of the error is not coming from Connections or Form. Something has to be including the core WordPress mailer multiple times. Connections or Form does not include it at all, I let WordPress manage that as to not generate this error.

    I can take a closer look to see what is causing this error, but in order to do so, I will need and FTP login and a temp WP admin login.

    in reply to: Logo on Profile Page #350651
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kera

    I am assuming you’ve change the Circled template to display the logo, yes? The all you need to do to change the logo crop mode is to change it on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Images tab.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: How to change "Work phone" text #350609
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amy

    Great to hear!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,201 through 7,210 (of 15,332 total)