Form has officially left beta as version 1.0 is being released today. The biggest feature of this release is email notifications. Without a doubt, this is the number one requested feature enhancement. How does it work? The site admin will now receive a notification every time a site visitor submits an entry alerting them that they have an entry in their moderation queue. Similarly, if the user supplied an email address, they will also receive an email letting them know that their submission was received and is awaiting moderation by the site admin. The message subject and the message itself are both configurable. Where can you find the settings? Once Form is installed and activated, the settings for these options can be found on the Connections : Setting admin page under the new Form tab. You’ll also notice another new feature on the settings page; you can now require the user to be logged in before showing the submission form. The message is configurable with the visual editor and, as a bonus, it even supports shortcodes. Here are a few screen captures. Oh, and be sure to see the changelog for the full list of changes.
= 1.0 11/22/2012 =
- FEATURE: Configurable email notification is sent when a new entry has been submitted to the moderation queue.
- FEATURE: Configurable email notification is sent to the submitter if they supplied an email address thanking them for their submission.
- FEATURE: Option to require the user to login before showing the submission form.
- BUG: Fix bug with submitting in IE8 by setting the post method on the form.
- BUG: Change the input line height from 1px to 1em as it should have been set in the first place. Fixes IE rendering.
- BUG: Ensure the localize JS is only output on the page a single time by hooking the function into the wp_enqueue_scripts action. Some themes were outputting it multiple times.
- OTHER: Include German translation. Credit: Andreas
- OTHER: Include Dutch translation. Credit: Dirk
- OTHER: Removed the action attribute from the form; it wasn’t needed.
- OTHER: Added additional styles to prevent themes from breaking the layout.
- OTHER: Make the CSS declarations a little more efficient.
- OTHER: Code clean up, first pass to bring in better alignment to WP coding standards.
- OTHER: Remove pass by reference when referencing class methods in actions and filters for PHP 5.4 compatibility.
- OTHER: Add admin error notice if Form is installed and activated and Connections is not.
- OTHER: Use proper WP functions for base path and URL. This should ensure proper compatibility with multisite.
= 0.3.4 6/30/2012 =
- OTHER: Include Russian translation. Credit: Aslan
= 0.3.3 6/24/2012 =
- OTHER: Added shortcode option to disable tinyMCE for the Bio and Notes fields.
= 0.3.3 5/8/2012 =
- OTHER: Include Hungarian translation. Crdit: Robert
- OTHER: Include French translation. Credit: Patricia
- OTHER: Updated Spanish translation. Credit: Jaime
- OTHER: Include Spanish Peru translation. Credit: Gary.
= 0.3.1 4/30/2012 =
- OTHER: Added some additional CSS to help from keep themes from breaking the layout.