The CSV Import Extension has received a significant update. The most notable improvements are:
- Much improved documentation on the plugin’s admin pages.
- More efficient importing requiring fewer database queries which means importing happens a little quicker. Further improvements to import efficiencies will be gained when Connections 0.8 is released.
- Imports now happen in small batches rather than all at once for more reliable imports when importing large CSV files. During testing a CSV file with more than 10,000 records on a shared webhost with very limited server resources. In all tests it imported reliably.
- Now fully supports importing data to all core fields within Connections, except photos and images.
= 1.0.3 11/17/2013 =
- BUG: Fix a possible fatal error when importing a CSV with no categories.
= 1.0.2 11/17/2013 =
- TWEAK: Increase import segment from 100 to 500.
- TWEAK: Use jqXHR Object method .always() to process data import segment response data and fire off the recursive function.
- BUG: Fix an instance where the “Uncategorized” category was being assigned to entries in which it should have not.
= 1.0.1 11/16/2013 =
- TWEAK: Updated styles to include support for pre Connections 0.8.
- TWEAK: Updated styles to include support for pre WP 3.8.
= 1.0 11/16/2013 =
- Complete rewrite.