Forum Replies Created
This reply has been marked as private.
Yes, anything that makes it idiot proof is a good thing. It would be very easy to forget about not importing the log and photo fields with the resultant loss of all the images in the directory.
Of course a restore of a site backup would work but always better to be safe ;)
Thanks Steven, that works!
I did a completely new test…
- I edited a directory entry in the backend editor and added a logo image and photo image from files on the PC.
- I checked by viewing that the images were there.
- I exported all as a CSV file
- I edited the entry in that CSV file to add another category
- Saved the file then imported, noting that the photo and logo fields were mapped (see screenshot)
- The entry has the changes for the categories but no images appear. Note that they do not exist in the media library – is that normal, i.e. after adding them in the back end for that entry should they be in the Media library?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
I exported the CSV and when I looked in the file it had a Column “Logo URL” and a “Photo URL” Column. Any entries with attached photos had a URL in the columns
Example http://dev.XXXXXXYYY.com/wp-content/uploads/connections-images/User name/example.png
Just to clarify – I exported using the Connections Tools menu and imported using the CSV import plugin which is up to date.
I tried that, it updated the categories but it removed all the images in the directory entries.02/13/2019 at 8:36 am in reply to: How to allow User to enter multiple categories on their directory entry #484532
That works ;) This is the second site I’ve built using connections and really pleased with the whole system.
I used the plugin and changed all the text – worked just fine but also good to know I can remove some repeatable fields if necessary. I did notice those field settings when I first started configuring the site but that seems like an eternity ago and I had forgotten about it!
My thinking was to keep the databases as small as possible and not duplicate information.