These two releases were primarily for fixing bugs. Unfortunately I let a critical bug slip though in version 0.7.2.2 released on Christmas day. The bug was that you couldn’t save or update links. This bug only affected new installations, so anyone upgrading wouldn’t have experienced this.
I did slip in a couple new features. One being the oft requested icons for the social media networks. There’s nothing to be done to take advantage of the icons, they’ll be displayed rather than the text links.
Another feature that I think many of you will like, the ability to associate a link with the image and logo. You’ll find two new radio options in the link metabox. Take a look at the screen capture. I think the usage is pretty straight forward but I’ll give you a quick run down how this works.Lets say you have an entry with two links and you’re using a template that shows both the image [photo] and logo. Now, you want to assign the “Website” link to the logo and the “Blog” link to the photo. Edit the entry as you normally would and scroll to the Links section. Simply click the “Assign link to the logo.” radio option for the “Website” link and click “Assign link to the image.” radio option for the “Blog” link and click “Update” to save the entry. Now go to your directory page where that entry shows up. You’ll find that both the image and logo are now links.
Well, that’s about it. Here’s the change log with the detail of the other changes:
- FEATURE: Added TripAdvisor to the social media networks per user request.
- BUG: Fixed critical table creation error for the links table on new installs. Upgrades are ok.
- BUG: Fixed bug in getWebsiteBlock(). Would not return entries with the legacy type of ‘personal’.
- BUG: Make sure a boolean can not be passed to the opendir() function in class.template.php.
- OTHER: If critical Connections folders are not writable, attempt to increment permissions until they are writable. NOTE: This occurs only during plugin activation and upgrading from a previous version.
- OTHER: Update the default templates to use the new output methods.
- OTHER: Removed the unused code in cnEntry::getLinks() to convert a string to an array. It was being done twice, two differnet ways.
- OTHER: Increase the TimThumb FILE_CACHE_MAX_FILE_AGE to 7 days.
- OTHER: Add an “Add New” button next to the H2 on the Connections : Manage admin page.
- OTHER: Add FULLTEXT to several of the Connections tables.
- OTHER: Add a secondary LIKE search if the FULLTEXT search returns no results OR for when the users DB does not support FULLTEXT.
- OTHER: Update the iTunes icons with a better version which also has a more permissive lisense.
- FEATURE: Added option to the links to be able to assign them to either the image or logo.
- FEATURE: Social media networks now default to having an icon rather than the text link.
- BUG: Add missing style for the cn-list-head so the alphaindex will be positioned correctly.
- BUG: Create the required folders in wp_content as part of the db upgrade process.
- BUG: Add the style sheet for Chosen to the Connections admin pages.
- BUG: Check for the Chosen jQuery plugin before calling in the admin.
- BUG: Initialize the $visibility array in cnRetrieve::recordCount so the implode doesn’t thow a PHP error.
- BUG: Alter the query in cnRetrieve::entry to use $wpdb->prepare.
- BUG: Fix a bug in the max Google Static Map width and height logic. The max setting will be 640x640px instead of the default setting of 400x400px.
- BUG: When an entry is assigned to multiple categories and when using the order_by=’id|RANDOM’ option that entry would display once for each category it was assigned.
- OTHER: Remove the “Call-time pass-by-reference” from the upcoming list shortcode attributes.
I use this plugin on a couple of sites and as always you provide an AWESOME plugin!
Many positive wishes for the New Year!