Ok, I figured it out. The double-quotes (
") were saved slashed in the db. In 8.2.9, that unslashing is done before saving to the db (amongst other things that greatly improve performance). I had to add another filter, for backward compatibility, that would unslash them when being read from the db. The next update will include this tweak.
Another difference between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9 is that the
wpautp() was being run directly on the bio/notes content rather than using a filter in 8.2.9. It seems doing it this way, strips out “extra”
<br /> tags that you have in the bio field. Since I’m trying to bring these fields into alignment with the WP page/post content for consistency, I’m not going to revert this change. I do not expect this to cause others any issues… That said, since this is added as a filter, what I did was install the Code Snippets plugin and added a new snippet which removes the
With these two changes in place the bio/notes output is consistent between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9.
Apologies for the trouble.