Connections 9.9 has just been released with another new Content Block, which can be used to increase discoverability of related Entries in your Directory. The new Content Block displays Neary Entries in a mobile responsive carousel.
Like always the update brings many minor tweaks to further improve Connections for you and your users. Today’s update also includes the following changes:
- FEATURE: Introduce the Entries Nearby Content Block.
- NEW: Introduce
- TWEAK: Make the image not available placeholder responsive friendly while retaining the aspect ratio.
- TWEAK: Add a few basic styles to the Entry Actions vs relying on theme styling for lists.
- TWEAK: Add a few basic styles for the Content Block layout for better more consistent presentation.
- TWEAK: Introduce additional related carousel parameters that can be adjusted via a filter.
- TWEAK: Add CSS to make the “image not available” placeholder responsive friendly while maintaining aspect ratio.
- TWEAK: Make a few carousel CSS selectors a bit more specific to help ensure they are not easily overridden.
- TWEAK: If the Content Block order has not yet been saved, fetch them via
- TWEAK: Flipped the logic when Content Blocks should be included/excluded.
- TWEAK: Remove the hardcoded limit with querying related Entries. Instead, use the supplied attribute.
- BUG: Prevent output of empty heading tags in Content Blocks.
- BUG: The
$blocksvariable should always be defined.
- OTHER: Readme.txt tweaks.
- DEV: Update the dist files.