These two updates improve upon the built-in SEO optimization system to bring tighter, seamless, integration with both Yoast SEO and Rank math, two of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. There is nothing for you to do or manage. Connections will automatically update the SEO page metadata to include Entry specific details when the search bot crawls the Entry detail/profile page.
As with all Connections updates, there are many other improvements and tweaks. Ther are as follows:
- NEW: Introduce Rank Math integration.
- NEW: Introduce
- TWEAK: If both the Entry excerpt and bio are empty, fallback to the Entry address for the Entry meta description.
- TWEAK: Add additional checks to see if Yoast SEO is active or not before setting up the integration.
- TWEAK: Set Yoast SEO integration to run at priority 15 after Yoast SEO sets itself up.
- TWEAK: Use cnSEO::getImageMeta() within the Yoast SEO integration. Providing common logic which is shared with the other SEO integrations.
- TWEAK: Use self instead of static.
- TWEAK: Tweak the fallback meta description to include the address (for organization) and title|department|organization (for individuals).
- BUG: Correct bug in an address to string helper where the district would output instead of the county.
- OTHER: Deprecate
- DEV: phpDoc correction.
- NEW: Improve Yoast SEO integration.
- NEW: Introduce the
- TWEAK: Change the priority of the
cnSEO::metaDesc()action callback to
- TWEAK: Declare
- TWEAK: Limit meta description to 155 characters.
- TWEAK: Remove the
Content-Lengthheader when downloading vCard to deal with some web hosts which seem to add BOM to downloads corrupting the vCard.
- DEV: Correct phpDoc and add missing deprecated file calls.
- DEV: phpDoc updates in
- DEV: Add @todo for Rank Math compatibility.
- DEV: Lay foundation for the new Conditional Content shortcode.