1. I would say cMap. It is also the most popular.
2. Just the templates that feature it. The templates that do will show it in the both the sample and on the template’s demo page.
3. Currently any new addon/templates will be added to the Pro Pack free of charge. The addons/templates would be accessible via your Purchase History page. There will be addon [large one] that will be sold outside of the Pro Pack for full price of the add on. I hope that is clear and make sense.
4. Sorry, currently Connections does not have a method/add-on available to collect payments and manage subscriptions. Workarounds other have used is member plugins such as Restrict Content Pro or s2member to manage subscriptions although that would still mean manual interaction if a member should not resubscribe. I’m not certain I’ll develop an add-on for Connections to do this, rather, if possible, I think I would develop an add-on bridge where a membership plugin would be used to manage subscriptions to the directory. I know this would be possible with Restrict Content Pro but I do not know if other membership plugins would provide the necessary API/s.
5. Sorry, no, not yet. I am working on a custom metabox and fields API for Connections for the 0.8 release due out around abouts the end of November that would allow me to add such a feature more easily. When I could say at this time.
I hope that answers your questions thoroughly.